Guy I just met and spent weekend with doesn't share my energy and social likes. Not sure how I feel about that?

In a nutshell, I have been chatting over a month now with a guy I met on Facebook through mutual friends. He's charming, very flirty, and has taken me to dinner over the weekend. The only hang up I have is that he is completely sober. Does not drink, smoke, and is a vegetarian. I'm a social drinker, not a vegetarian, and I don't smoke. I have been with a couple of guys in the past like this and we just didn't share the same energy. The guy I am talking to doesn't even dance. We went to my local hangout and there was a DJ there. I danced and he stood holdng my purse. He really is a nice guy but I don't see myself long term with someone so straight and narrow. I'm very outgoing and love to have fun. How would you guys handle this and what would you do? I'm not going to change who I am and what I enjoy, and I don't expect him to either. But he would do anything for me. I'm confused.

He was rushing things with me and I finally told him I didn't feel we were compatible. He became very defensive and said some mean, hit below the belt things. This is why I listen to my intuition about someone. I knew he wasn't right for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop going out with him, it's never gonna work.
    I had the same problem with my last girlfriend, we were completely different, and I knew it was almost impossible for it to work so I broke up with her. You should do the same.

• I know.. I agree. My gut is like Do you know what you're getting into? I just feel bad, like I'm being shallow. But it is what it is. It's who I am. And he is who he is. You're right.

• I didn't read the update until now, but it seems you made the right decision, I'm glad you did :)

• Thank you!

What Guys Said 2

• how old is he actually?

• He just turned 43

• makes sense in my opinion... sounds like he wants 2 stay healthy at this age :|

• Very healthy! Lol

• You just met him and spent the weekend with him?

• Let me re-phrase. We met up for dinner on Sat night then met up again for Sunday brunch.

• He doesn't drink.

• I understand. I was just curious as to why. That was all. I don't drink either - because I am a recovering alcoholic.

What Girls Said 2

• Ok there is nothing wrong with it. You have Ur likes and dislikes, same as him. Feel him out, find out what his interest, hobbies, everything. Find out what he likes to do on his spare time. I have a guy like you and I'm like the guy Ur chatting. We are good together. Different energy also. One week we'll do what he likes, then next week it's what I like. But we will change things a little to make it for both of us, so we both can have fun. Try it, figure things out. Good luck and have fun

• So what? You have a couple differences... I don't see the issue as long as both of you can learn to respect and accept your differences.