Who should I pick?

I've been single for a while and now my bestfriend and a guy from the gym has asked me out... i dont know who to choose! my bestfriend is sweet, he is the kiss on the cheek and cuddle kind of guy (im not that kind of girl). the guy from the gym is my workout friend, he is muscular, manly and he is a real man (what i need right now). i dont know how to date one without hurting the other (once i know who is right for me)

quick bit of information, the guy from the gym is a very popular muscular guy, and my best friend is caring, sweet and we have been friends since we were 11.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pick the alpha male. I know you want to.

What Guys Said 7

• Why go with a stranger when you have someone you know and love already? Go with your best friend. Also, kiss on the cheek cuddle, is just what you have seen of him so far. A lot of guys like that are amazing in bed.

• pick the gym- guy. you say he is what you need, trust your perception, your gut feeling is not deceiving you, the force is strong in you, young padawan. ;D ( yes, pick the gym guy, you don't want to ruin your friendship with your best guy friend if things don't work out between you )

• hmmmm sounds like this guy from gym is popular... so difficult

• Should be a no brainer. Your best friend isn't your type and the workout friend seems to be your type.

• Poor best friend, bought to get friendzoned :(

that'll learn him not to be sweet and cuddly and be muscular and manly instead. Oh well it's something most guys eventually pick up on

• gym dude is like you said. just a gym dude who is your workout friend.

if you go out with him you best friend won't be for too much longer.

the best friend loves you he is just too shy to come right out and say it.

do want mr right (the best friend) or mr right now (workout buddy)

• shady friend. he only wanted to be friends with you because he had a thing for you smh. Date the muscular guy

What Girls Said 3

• I know that I won't get much praise for this kind of opinion, but if I were you, I wouldn't date either of them. When, not if, but when a conflict arises, you'll likely be thinking to yourself, 'if I was with the other one, this wouldn't have happened!!!', and that's not a mentality that's healthy for a relationship.

Now, if you think you're able to take care of that way of thinking, meaning that it won't affect your relationship with whoever you choose, I would suggest you think about what it is you really need. I would be very, VERY careful about the ground I'm treading on in regards to my best friend, as that's a long time to be friends, you wouldn't wanna lose that.

tl;dr: Think about what you think would benefit you, challenge you, and keep you happy in the long run. Weigh your options, and if you think you can handle choosing one without reverting to the other, act accordingly.

• who ever you feel more attracted to, most likely your best friend would understand if you pick the other guy just might be upset. I would just be open and honest with each for what ever you choose

• Should you really be asking other people for how YOU feel? I understand that you need some kind of advice but this is not the right question. Raising a poll on who's better? This is about what YOU want and need. And there's not such option as not hurting anyone. You seem more attracted to the gym dude. What does your heart says? If you have no feeling for both of them, then don't date them. If you have feelings for both of them then reconsider.