Girls, how do you geninuely feel about guys "lowering their guard" and being open with you on a dating and non dating basis?

Typically when I date a girl, I'm never fully open with them about a lot of emotional things (how I'm feeling, what's on my mind, fears, having a bad day ect) because I'm used to hanging out with guys and we usually don't open up like that on a daily basis and when we do it's not in detail at least. And when I'm hanging out with a friend of mine who is a girl or with a girl I'm dating, I'm always intimidated to tell them things like that. I don't know I'm afraid they might think less of me or something because to me, it always seems like I'm being vulnerable around them and they expect guys to be guys.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I thrive on communication, learning more about people. I don't need a guy to "be a guy" but to be honest with me, communicate with me, and reliable. We want the real you, maybe not all at once, but we do want to see it.

What Girls Said 4

• She would probably be fine with it. Girls love to talk about things that happen everyday.

• No, wouldn't think less of you... Probably more even- you proving to be capable of expressing and admitting to humman emotion. Just avoid much on the first date, and go slow with the spilling of touchy stuff, it it might get overwelming.

• I don't want them to seem weak and pathetic cause it gives me thirst for control but of course I want them to open up

• I love communication, however to be totally honest when I'm dating a guy, I will have my guard up until I trust him. It depends on the guy, but sometimes I might not let my emotions show until I know he's serious.

I'm not an emotional person though, so I do not mind if he doesn't want to show me this side of him in the beginning. I would hope he is comfortable enough with me, and in our safe zone we can both let each other in a little at a time.

If he feels like sharing things with me earlier than me, that is totally fine. I do not mind people opening up to me. I would love it if he told me what's on his mind. This would make me want to share as well, if he wants to listen.