Why is it that women have to both be attracted to and respect a guy in order to see him as boyfriend material, but men have to just be attracted?

Because i think being attracted to someone and respecting someone are 2 different things. It's just how i've observed life, reality for a long time now, a woman has to be BOTH attracted to and respect a guy in order to view/see him in a sexual way, or just as boyfriend material, a potential boyfriend.

But in order for a man (man as in human male) to see/view a woman as girlfriend material, he just has to be attracted to her, thats all.

Because i generally always hear of debates, topics, discussions as to what causes women to dump men, they often say it is because the woman lost respect for him as a man, sure there are cases in which she just lost attraction for him.

Like it's basically the woman has to look up to the guy, i'm not saying about his height about him being taller. They always talk about or mention that women don't want to be like a mother or big-sister to the guy, so in a nutshell, the long and short of it, is the guy, man supposed to be like a father or big-brother to his girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• i do not think men dont have to respect women they are in relationships with. this would only be true of men who simply dont respect women period so it'd never occur to them... these guys are not relationship material.

respect is the most important thing it goes both ways. id never be attracted to a guy who did not respect me and have respect for me. in a relationship we should both look to each other. not up or down but eye to eye. thats how mine go anyhow.

What Girls Said 5

• i guess your standards are lower?

• Why would any woman want to be with a man who thinks she's hot yet doesn't respect her? Waste of time. And why would I ever give a dude the time of day when I didn't respect him?

• I need to respect him or else how am I supposed to stay attracted to him?

Respect brings other things like admiration, love, care, adore etc

• because we are different!

• Cause guys are shallow. Looks take precedence above all else.

What Guys Said 3

• (But in order for a man (man as in human male) to see/view a woman as girlfriend material, he just has to be attracted to her, thats all. )

That's bullshit

For a guy to see a girl as fuckable, she only needs to be attractive.

However for a guy to see a girl as "girlfriend material", he usually has more criteria than just being attractive

• I have to respect a woman and consider her attractive before I consider her being my girlfriend and I expect the same from her. If one partner does not have respect for th other it could be detrimental to the relationship

• I think at a subconcious level the guy has to respect girl as well.