Is it normal to feel this way in a relationship?

So I've been with my boyfriend for about four months and everything's been going great except for the kissing. I'm a private person and usually keep to myself so kissing and other physical things make me uncomfortable at times. I've told him once that kissing made me a little overwhelmed for the time being and that we should slow it down. He still kisses my forehead and does other cutesy things which usually make me happy. Tonight while watching movies though I felt uncomfortable. I didn't like him touching me that much and I didn't know how to pull away so I just stayed put so my real question is: is it normal to feel this way when a new relationship is starting? Also how do you talk to a guy about this without offending or upsetting him?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah its normal.

What Guys Said 2

• Well the real issue is trust. Did something happen In your past that prevents you from trusting easily? Like with your parents, friend, or an ex bf? The reason I say its trust is because every time I have seen something similar to this it has something to do with trust or a bad experience.

• If you are insecure or do you have any doubts about your relationship then ask yourslf you want this or not. Well man will be man we all need physicall needs at a point it makes us more affectionate emotionally.. jst tell him hw you feel if he's good enough to understand you then he will respect your thoughts!

What Girls Said 2

• It's normal human jut need time to adjust. I don't know why peoepel assume everyone automatically ready to be groping on each other first thing. It's normal.

• Omg yes! This question is everything I need. This is exactly how I felt in my only relationship. I don't know if it's normal or not, but I have also encountered this same issue.