What age gaps do you see as acceptable? And is it weird for the female to be older?

I like this guy but I'm not sure if I should take it any further as there is an age difference :/

I am 17 next month and he is currently 15 there is a year and 22 day gap between us which I would have considered fine but he is a guy (and they're generally less mature anyway) and because of where the school dates fall in the UK he is 2 school years below me which freaks me out a bit. I am so confused as everyone seems to give me a different opinion !!!

• It doesn't matter, go for it !!!
  • Ewwww no thats weird !!!
  • It depends...

Most Helpful Girl

• the think that messes me up about is this kid is like fresh out of middle school right? The age gap is fine it's only two years and if he doesn't care then no one else should but do you honestly think you guys are on the same level maturity wise? O_O

• we don't have middle school so he is in year 10 (4th year of high school) and I'm in year 12 (1st year of sixth form)

• England :)

• ooh cool!^^ but yeah if you guys aren't on the same page maturity wise there are going to be times that you'll feel like his mother or your baby sitting him.

What Guys Said 5

• Why are you worried about a less than 2 years age gap. What do you want to be the same age as someone and turn the same age in the same year. Get over it because most coules have an age gap. Unless you were born the same time on the same day as someone you will technically have an age gap. My fiancee is 13 years older than me. If you two do not end up together then you will have a hard time finding someone to be with if you are worried about a 1 year 22 day age gap because many people may be younger or older than you that end up liking you by more than a 1 year and 22 days.

• Go for it are u kidding me that age def, is nothing

• im 18 and I would date girls who are 16+(nothing bellow that) and I woud date girls 18 to maximum 30

please answer my question www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1517989-first-impressions

• What? a woman who thinks age doesn't define a persons character I never thought I'd be alive to see this

• I wouldn't say guys are less mature. We just don't give a fuck like girls who are trying to be popular or something

What Girls Said 5

• Do you really want to saddle yourself with a 15 year old? Honey, that's not dating. That's babysitting.

• I'm talking about dating him not sleeping with him !!! Just for the record

• Did I say anything about having sex with him?

• He'll be 16 soon anyway so a year is nbd at your age. If you like him and he likes you and you both want to be in a healthy relationship, go for it.

• That is hardly old. Stop acting like you are already 45 years old dating a 13 years old.

• I would usually say weird, but you seem totally confident with it yourself so I say go for it! :D

• I would easily fuck a man in his mid 40s, but I don't think it is acceptable for a woman to date someone younger.

• Why do you think it is okay for a man to date someone younger but not a women to date someone who is younger?

• Because I don't like cougars.