Girls, a guy is fun, does fun things, enjoys being with you, is employed, intelligent, but lives with his parents, is that a deal breaker?

Why is it or isn't it?

• Yes
    25% (7)
  • No
    54% (15)
  • Maybe (explain)
    21% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

17

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the circumstances of his life and why he went back to live with his parents. He would need to have a semi-organized plan to move out on his own in the not too distant future. Something about them not being self sufficient and ambitious would eventually probably irk me. If they are working towards moving out then whatever, or if circumstances are such that it is impossible for him to leave at the moment then I guess it would have to be a case by case basis. Generally speaking, though, not very attractive.

What Girls Said 16

• If a guy my age still lives at home it's not a deal breaker at all - we just graduated from college a year ago. If he recently finished school and is trying to save his money I get it and it's not a deal breaker. But if he's been done with school for like 3+ years eh I don't know how I feel about that.

• It does depend on the amount of freedom you'd have with your parents, if they're the type to interfere with your relationship then yes a deal breaker.. other than that, not so much you're still young.. yes the average person by 22 are moved out, however most are not and it depends on the reasoning i. e. saving up to move out, parents are never home etc.

• At 30+? Yes. It just shows he isn't motivated and is probably coddled by his parents. I don't see too many guys with good jobs living at home. He probably smokes weed all day and works at papa johns that's more of a likely story of a man still at home let's be honest

• Why do people think that? I am employed, working two jobs, don't have my parents do things for me, honestly its like living with two older roommates. We all work and barely even see each other.

• It's definitely not a deal breaker to me.

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, as there's many reasons why he may still live with his parents. It shows he has a good relationship with his parents too. I would never judge anyone in a negative way for living with their parents, as their circumstances may prevent him moving out.

• No, not a deal breaker. Owning a house can be tough to obtain.

• He can always move out, depends on the situation going on with him, but really it's simple and a simple fix. If he's got attachment issues that prevent him from leaving- that's a problem.

• i prefer someone who cares about their family especially their parents because that's how i am

• Not necessarily a deal breaker. He may have good reasons (parents sick etc) just weird initially ;-)

• there are many reasons he may live at home... not a big deal

• No, I still live with my parents.

• Because it's weird

• It depends on the dynamic between them. I hang out with my mother almost every weekend or every other just because she's a great friend. But if the guy's mom still does everything for him, no way.

I've dated a couple guys living at home (one was 25 and saving for a house, the other moved out after a breakup) & it can make some awkward situations, but if he's cool and I can tolerate his parents (one guy had a capital C crazy mom), it's not ideal but not a dealbreaker.

• I would say no in most cases. But I guess it depends; does he ever want to leave and have his own place with me if we get serious? I know it would be way too early to tell in the dating stages, but if he doesn't want to move on and start a life with me in the potential future, I don't want to move in with his parents. No offense to them or anything.

If he's living with them to save money and doesn't plan on living there forever, then yeah I don't see a problem.

• A guy your age who still lives with his parents is either a complete loser or retarded.

• yeah it is.

• Thank you for being honest. Just curios as to why?