She asked for my number and I invited her to get coffee a few days later. Was her response a rejection?

She said: "Hey ____. For sure, I'll let you know if I can Saturday because we're usually busy that day (which is true). But if it tuns out slow, then for sure".

What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should have responded by saying , "what would be a better day for you?"

• Yea, that was my mistake since I was trying to meet sooner than later and the proposed day was the only day of the week that I was available.

• Ohh. Well I don't think it was rejection she seems rather busy that day and like she would try to squeeze you in.
      If it doesn't work out just ask the above question

What Girls Said 5

• Please tell me how that can possible be seen as a rejection. Her reply is sound and logical.

• That's what I was thinking, but after talking to people and posting this online, I'm confused by the mixed responses haha.

• It's alright :P I understand. It's easy to feel conflicted but really her answer is good! Best of luck towards you!

• No it isn't. Perhaps she can't promise you anything yet for now as she has other things to do.

• Not really she's just weighing out her options on that day.

• Sounds like she's working unless she's busy... That's really neither positive or negative.

• *not busy, that should say

• yeah it was.

What Guys Said 4

• That is not a direct rejection if she is working. If it does not work out try and schedule for a time when she is less busy. If he continues to be busy or say something like she did this time then it is a rejection. Because she is working it is not really a rejection

• no... she'll think bout it actually!

• That doesn't sound like a rejection, else why ask for your number?

• I think it would help if we established the 3 dates that matter here:

1) What day did you get her number?
    2) What day did you speak with her asking for coffee?
    3) For which day did you want to get coffee? (for example, did you ask her out for coffee latter that day?)

• 1) We exchanged numbers on a Saturday
      2) First I said: "we should get a coffee sometime" after we exchanged numbers in person and she said yes. The following Tuesday night I then texted her a coffee invite with a location and proposed day to meet.
      3) The invite was for that Saturday after texting her the invite on a Tuesday.

• Thanks! That helps a ton! So on Tuesday, she get's your text and her response is something along the lines of "ask me again on Saturday (the day you're proposing we go out) and I'll let you know then if I don't have anything better to do than hang out with you." ? That doesn't sound good bro!