Is there anything I should do in this situation?

Me and this guy were messaging over a month ago, but I was too nervous to meet up with him because I was hurt not too long ago. I just don’t believe men anymore. He asked me out and I was like I am not sure what day I am free, I will have to let you know. I never did and I didn’t hear back from him which I don’t blame him. 2 weeks later he liked a couple pics on facebook, obviously trying to open up the communication or get my attention. I message him “ Hey I know you” he said no, you could have known me but you decided you didn’t want to. I said “ I am sorry you feel that way, but that’s not true” so he just said take care. And I said “ Thanks, you too” Then a couple days later he wished me a happy mothers day and I was just like “ thank you”. Couple weeks later I message him and were talking off and on. He asks why I lost interest, and I explain why and said well I can't go back. He said no you can't but perhaps you can decide whether you want a good man by your side, one that will love and respect you. That seemed genuine but I just don’t believe men anymore. He calls me that night and we had a nice convo. He said he would call me when he returns from Puerto Rico which was yesterday. Now I am wondering if he is going to ask me out again since I basically shot him down or if this is up to me now. Didn’t think men give up that easy especially since he was trying to get my attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, you're going to have to stop making all men pay the price for a couple of your bad guy experiences. We are NOT all that way. Are we rarer? Yes. Perfect? No. And love and fortune favor the bold, not the fearful or tentative. Caution is a GOOD thing, but worry and fear is not. So consider yourself older and wiser for your past, and step boldly and happily into a new dawn and future.

• He said he would call me when he returns and hasn't. I should wait for him to get back to me or should I get in touch with him in a few days? And should I wait for him to ask me out again or what?

• Yes, let him pursue you now. Then react without fear and worry from now on to see if you can mend this

What Guys Said 1

• Guess he is afraid that u dont like him back!

What Girls Said 3

• If he doesn't ask you out, ask him. Sounds like he does like you, don't let past experiences ruin a potential good thing.

• Yeah haven't heard from him yet, but thinking of asking him in a few days. If he shoots me down then oh well at least I tried.

• ask him out then I don't know

• they give up easy just let it go.