How do I tell a guy that I really like him without the risk of rejection if he doesn't feel the same way?

I have been seeing this guy for like 3 months and I really like him. I have known him in high school we recently gotten reconnected after he left the Military. I have noticed in Facebook that he changed his cover photo to this girl with a car and he recently told me that he's going to California in a couple of weeks. I snooped on his page and I notice the girl in the photo lives in California. I don't want to make assumptions but at the same time it seems like he has a past. I already feeling a little rejected but at the same time I really don't know. I really grown to like and care for him a lot and always had a crush on him since high school but he seemed at the point and time he liked the fast girls that were giving it up easily, and when it came to me I always was hesitant to talk to him on that level. Now like 9 years later here we are finally talking and I feel like I'm not sure if he likes me on that level to be in a serious relationship with me. I have feelings for him should I tell him?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is what we guys always go though. There is always risk and telling someone you like him.
    But picture this. What is worse? Telling him and him saying "I like you but not in that way" or for the rest of your life wondering what would have happened if you just had told him how you felt.

Just say what you feel.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah you should because then you will know for sure. rejection is just something you have to deal with sometimes

• if he doesn't like u back.. he'll reject u anyway... no?

• You can't take a bath without getting wet, my dear. Risk rejection and find out.

What Girls Said 3

• If he is leaving for California, then you should definitely tell him, otherwise he may never know or consider it. There is always the possibility of rejection, but if he's that important to you, you have to at least try.

• Why dont you try paying more attention to his behavior to see if he truly likes you. Or you can try showing him that you like him but wait to see if he picks up on it.

• there will always be a risk of rejection.