Is it possible to escape the friendzone?

I've known this girl for several months. We started out talking once a month for 3-4 months and I asked her out, but she said she was too busy to go out. After stopping talking to her for three months she messaged me to tell me why she didn't say yes. We talk maybe once or twice a week now with both of us starting conversations (she never did before). I said I still liked her but she just likes me a lot, as a friend. Is it purely down to looks or personality? She knows how I feel about her, so can it ever change or will I always be her friend?

I've suffered from social anxiety for most of my life, and I've only really talked to her on messenger as opposed to in person. So lack of confidence may have been a big part of it. I'm improving though :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I swear I hate how peolep just say oh it's not possible. They all told me it wasn't possible. Well that's a fucking lie because I did escape it. It tiok time but I did it. Now the longer your in the longer it will take to get out. But there are ways out. I did a whole bunch of research and watched a ton of videos on how to escape. And after putting a few things in action it worked I made it out. It's hard and frustrating. I'll tell u like this if you are sure you want her than I say don't give up. But just don't put all your eggs in one basket because not every story has a happy ending. But yes there are ways out.

What Girls Said 3

• There are just some people who seem like a friend more than a boyfriend. I knew a really cute guy but I never saw him as more than a friend.
    There's nothing wrong with being a friend.
    Be friends, and if someday she decides she likes you as more than a friend then good for you I guess.

• It's very unlikely that you'll get out of the friend zone. If you really like her and see a possibility of getting over your feeling for her then stay friends with her. There's nothing more disappointing then loosing someone you thought was a good friend because you didn't want to date them.

• it is possible.

What Guys Said 11

• there's two ways.

1. Stop seeing yourself as being in the friendzone and simply see it as being her friend. This is also known as moving on.

2. Get hotter/sexier to where she'll start lusting over you.

When a person reject someone, they do so because they simply are not sexually/romantic attracted to them, so unless you can somehow become sexier in her eyes then there is no way to get her to change her mind.

• It's possible not to even be friendzoned by moving on or willingly waiting. Don't let others pull your strings
    But yeah it's possible she'll change her mind.. waiting though is up to you

• only if she likes u back!

• I feel like in this particular situation you're going to have to live with being just a friend. It could be you're simply not her type or she isn't attracted to you like that. I've gotten out of the "friend zone" because the reason the girl rejected me was due to focusing on career or they were in a relationship at the time I asked them out. So the timing for me was just off lol

• The only way out of the friendzone is by moving on.

• Listen to Amanda by Boston

• dude just cut your losses and move on, your gonna be pissing in the wind with her, been there done that so many times. good luck tho

• Possible? Generally, no.

• ofcourse it's possible but it's tough and very time consuming.

• Just make sure the tunnel reaches the woods, don't wanna be breaking out in open ground!

• I have no idea what you're talking about haha

• No, it isn't :)