Are girls put off that I have a lawn mowing business?

I tell people this and they don't really seem too impressed most of the time. I average $30 dollars an hour most of the time and i'm getting at least 1 new yard a week. This is what I enjoy, not having a boss breathing down my neck and treating me like i'm stupid. I think it's just that people think lawn mowing is a low paying type of job. What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you enjoy that then good on you. If a girl is too shallow to accept your job then she is not worth your time or effort. You should be doing what you enjoy and what you want to do as a job not something you don't like just to impress girls. When it comes to this the focus is on you not what girls think. Also there are girls out there that will be genuinely happy that you are doing something you enjoy you just need to find one of those girls not a shallow one. Don't change who you are for a girl.

What Girls Said 5

• its great that you own your own business. just dont tell girls that expecting someone to swoon. its cool for you but its not glamorous or anything but its also not a turnoff. just dont look to impress girls with that, its like ok cool.

• I thinkits okay. Nothing bad.

• You have a job, which means an income. so what's the problem with stability?

• O_o why would they be put off? It's a job like all the others.

• I think it's cause they assume there isn't any money in that industry, which in my opinion isn't true. I can get into tree trimming and all kinds of different avenues.

• i dont really care.

What Guys Said 4

• hhaha no... it sounds normal :|

• Just change the wording to landscaping or real estate management. Its not really a lie and if you make a good amount of money doing something girls won't care what it is unless its like you licking butts for money.

• It might be that saying "lawn mowing business" sounds kinda lame. Saying you're in "landscaping" sounds more professional

• I guess that's the same. I mean I do trim bushes and mulch flowerbeds too. I see what you mean.

• maybe... they just may think its not a very good job