I am overstepping, Advice?

I have been talking to this guy for good while now and his daughter birthday is today and I meant her once. Well I send him a text saying Hey, tell Abby I said happy birthday and hope she has a good one, and he never text me back and now I felt like I am overstepping by texting him saying happy birthday to his daughter. I don't know if I am overthinking or if I am. Also since he didn't text me back and I don't know if he will should I see that as a red flag if he doesn't?

I think the reason why I am overthinking because there is a picture that he was tag in which the mother of his child did and show birthday dinner and I thought omg she trying to get back with him. Since he haven't text me back I am thinking very worse scenario that they are talking about getting back together

Most Helpful Guy

• wait... when he send da last text?

• we text last night, so it was last night

What Guys Said 2

• You're overthinking, wishing someone a Happy Birthday is normal. I do that all the time with many people (including girls) and I don't think it's an overstep, even in your situation.

• Give it more time

What Girls Said 4

• You're thinking way into it.
    What you did was very thoughtful and sweet.
    Give him more time to answer... any thing could have happened.

• Way way overthinking. Any parent will appreciate the thought. He may have been busy on her birthday. Bet he texts tomorrow.

• Maybe he's just busy with her birthday.

• you're over thinking.