Thinking of joining eharmony after my recent break up?

My boyfriend and I of 3 years broke up recently for his need of space and need to figure himself out. I don't feel that I need to do much figuring out and am ready to date other people, so I'm thinking of joining a dating website. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone I know carps and complains about that site. Expensive and ineffective. There are scads of people on Plenty of Fish (POF) but you have to kiss a lot of frogs!

A good thing to do is filter by burying a comment in your profile that says “mention this in your subject line.” Use something Radom like the date you got your ears pierced or your fist dolly’s name when you were a kid. If they fail to mention this, then you know they are just lusting on you pic and not bothering to know you.

Some women choose not to use a pic and swear by it. They get fewer emails but they are more sincere.

Be forewarned, if you look hot, you will get 100 to 200 emails or more per day.

What Guys Said 4

• Sure, go for it, although wasn't eHarmony that site which was exclusively helping only Christian people?

• dating websites are often hard because they allow people to create a profile to describe themselves as what they want to be-- its worth a shot, but its often easier to try and meet guys through "networking"-- jobs, mutual friends, school, etc. that way you know you'll have something in common, and other people can vouch for what they're really like

• Go for it.

• Better to join me here. 😎

What Girls Said 2

• I think eharmony is a pretty serious one but if you really think you're ready then go for it! I personally have heard more success stories from okcupid though just so you know :p

• go for it!