Can a 'nice guy" be a player? or promiscuous?

By definition, a nice guy has that demeanor that doesn't attract women to him or when he does, its usually that slow "get to know me" type of relationship. So for a nice guy to be a player, would he have to change his "nice guy" ways or can nice guys be players? or put in another way, have several sexual parters?

Most Helpful Girl

• most "nice guys" pretends to be nice just to get into someone's pants

• Im going to stop you right there. The biggest load of blue whale excrement, that was ever pushed out by women, was this crap that "nice guys" pretend to be nice to get into a girls pants. I am... was a nice guy and not once, not ever, did I think to consciously be nice to get into a girls pants. I though being nice would win a girls heart (crazy I know... us nice guys think that and obviously it doesn't work). The mistake obviously being that a nice guy thinks that just being nice will lead to a girlfriend and obviously sex. Which we know it doesn't. So no, that's not what describes a nice guy and I can't fathom where women make that assumption? My only explanation is that a guy has to approach a girl with at least some type of sexual innuendo to create that chemistry, or else he WILL be friendzoned, and a nice guy who has been rejected by his niceties doesn't know how to convey that correctly and ends up LOOKING like he is using nice to get laid.

• don't get me wrong, I can easily distinguish between someone is is pretending to be nice and someone who's actually genuinely a nice guy

• The irony being a genuinely nice guy gets friendshipzoned and the fake plays right or wrong and gets something. Whether a ladies bullshit detecter works or not, a nice guy doesn't want just sex and he doesn't get many relationships either.

What Girls Said 5

• Of course he can be "promiscuous" if he wants to be. You can be nice to a person and still not want a long term or serious relationship with them. Just be clear about it up front.

• Its hard to be upfront about it off the bat. So you saying a guy goes to a club, and before taking her home says this is nothing serious? that kills the mood. I get what you saying and its probably the best but I have this feeling the nice guy will be seen as a creep rather than a nice guy.

• I know, you right. Its just difficult to convey that to a girl. Just thinking, would a nice man-whore still be judged as nice? mmm its one for philosoraptor:)

• Yeah. If she just wants something casual too then she'll be glad to hear that you're both on the same page.

• sure y not? a guy doesn't have to be either or. he can easily be a mix of both.

• Lol lets put it this way...

nice guys can be players... but there's a difference inbetween players and nice guys. confusing, but let me explain further.

Guys who are players make a woman believe that they're only with them, telling that female everything they want to here and moving on to another girl telling her the same exact things.. to be a nice guy, and sleep with multiple women then you just have to be upfront and honest. be respectful to their feelings.

• Great advice, but its a little tricky and hence they call it the game (and players... well players). Most women wouldn't want to be with a guy who upfront sleeps around. Women receive the offers and can CHOOSE, guys have to work at it. The way he gets it though is the interesting part.

• ok... you've got a plan... but I really don't want to know... it sounds devious? naughty but nice... sounds very wanting but deadly at the same time.. ha ha

• Well... put it to you this way, I am naughty as they come but I have never hurt a girl by playing them. I always go in with the mantra "find that girl that thinks like me". So basically the naughty girls who would join me in my, sometimes insane, adventures. That's all I want;)

• yep they sure can... arseholes... sux when you find out...

• Ha ha... would the nice guy be an arsehole then?

• at that point in time yes... he may change tho... at another point in his life period... LOL!!

• sometimes shit happens

• Lol... for whom? the nice guy who can't get it or the girl who gets hurt by the guy who does (or basically all of that ha ha)

• can basically be applied to all scenarios in human interpersonal relationships

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. Nice guys can be players too. Not easy, but definitely doable.

• That's the curiosity of it all. Nice guys can do it, but its not easy... which implies that somebody has to be something else to get it easier...

• Yes, the saying nice guys finish last is a lie. Uncharismatic guys finish last.

• Nice guys finish last. But you right, charisma is ver important