Would you date a person that smokes weed?

The question's pretty self explanatory. Would you date a person that smokes? Why or why not?
there's this guy I kinda like and I think he might smoke weed but I'm not sure 100%. I'm not entirely against weed, but i do think people shouldn't smoke too much of it, just like with anything else.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, people who take drugs don't prosper.

• Often true.

• ... including myself. I used to smoke pot. I've eaten mushrooms. I've done cocaine. I've done opium.

and not at all to toot my own horn, but to prove my point, I think I am "prospering"

• you've coke... lol.. then fuck off, loser.

What Guys Said 19

• yes i would as long as used it responsibly could still maintain a job and didn't let the recreational use effect other things in their life.

• I agree. Good answer.

• No.
    Never.
    I don't care how the media THINKS it is 'beneficial'.
    ( funny how the same media was bashing the crap out of it just a few years earlier, now they're all "liberal" about it )

• No I wouldn't. You are essentially screwing with your brain. That brain is 'you'. Doesn't sound very stable to me.

• Makes sense. This is the reason I myself don't smoke.

• When you meet several people who talk about not being able to remember as well as they did before they started, you kinda get turned off the whole weed thing.

• Yes, weed can have detrimental effects on your memory :/

• @Lyndsielee666
      A better choice of words would have been "recreational use of marihuana."
      A cancer patient who has no appetite due to chemotherapy, or someone with a major psychological disorder should of course be allowed to take medical prescriptions.
      However, comparing medical marihuana use to recreational use is no different from comparing someone taking prescribed medication to a person abusing that same medication.

• i dunno its helped me gain weight so i'm thankful for it. it'll be legal soon anyways

• I would prefer it. If she doesn't smoke weed what would she think of my coke habit.

• I wouldn't I've been clean for 2 years and feel that she's going to say do it just once and keep bugging me and trying to pull me down.

• Congratulations for getting clean.

• No not for me

• yes.

god made it for a reason.

• Nope. I dated this one girl for two weeks (I didn't know she was a drug user at the time) she then got my two closest friends into Weed. Now both of them are failing high school, Both drink when they get the chance, do other drugs, cut themselves, spend all there money on drugs. One just got arrested the other night for walking home drunk. Never hung out with them for a complete year, because I don't want to get involved. She took my friends and destroyed them.

• As long as it isn't a major part of her identity, and the smell isn't everywhere, I don't care.

• so as long as she doesn't smoke enough to actually be called a stoner?

• As long as her attitude isn't "I couldn't live without weed" or something she talks about incessantly, it's fine. I guess you could say, as long as she isn't a stoner.

• Yeah as long as she doesn't do it excessively or tries to make me do it too.

• lol heck no.

• NoNo can't deal with the extra drama
    /////////

• Nope, I don't date anyone who smokes anything at all. Smells nasty and bad for ya.

• I agree actually. I wish I could just say, no I would never date someone who smokes, but it's not easy after you already know and start to like them.

• No cause they would smell like weed.

• Yeah sure why not
    We two could smoke together ;D

• Yes, I would date a girl who smokes weed. And I don't smoke, by the way.

• Sure he/she jst smoking some pot nt killing innocent people or raiding some bank.

• I don't like weed and avoid those persons who use it

• Good for you. Good way to be.

What Girls Said 26

• Smoking is smoking in my mind. I hate the smell, I hate the smoke, and I hate cleaning walls. I have a phone case I inherited from my brother in law and I cannot get the smell of smoke out of it. It will never come out. It's so icky T-T

• hell to the no. because i dont want a druggo for a boyfriend.

• I have several times now. It has never ended up good for me :/ Both of them claimed they didn't smoke a lot but the story quickly changed as I got to know both of them and it turns out both guys I dated were pot heads meaning they smoked daily. It really isn't a good environment but I still love my ex so it clearly didn't put me off :/ The issue is that once they smoke too much they start becoming lazy and moody. My last ex has failed several years at uni and he admits it is because of his excessive weed usage but that didn't really motivate him to cut down :/ I don't know it's a double edged sword because it doesn't change them as a person. They can still be great boyfriends. It just becomes a problem when they abuse the drug and it starts influencing other parts of their life.

• No, I'd rather not date a guy who smokes weed.

• This question sounded more like: would u date a moron/sick bastard/freak/your dad? (they all have the same answer).

• No, I wouldn't

• Nope, not my style.

• I would but he would have to smoke only occasionally, just like I do. If he smoked everyday, I wouldn't date him.

• I'm not a fan, so no

• For sure. Have and would again. As long as it is done in moderation I view it no differently than drinking.

• i smoke it because of my eating disorder and my boyfriend smokes it for fun. it'll be legal by 2016 anyway

• The guy I'm dating at the moment smokes at least once a day, sometimes I smoke with him. He's successful and treats me well and that's all that matters to me

• i have done before and i would again if it came to it i dont smoke it myself although i have tried it a few times when i was younger i dont have a problem with it at all

• Sorry, but I couldn't. I think it's a nasty habit to pick up.

• Yeah, my boyfriend smokes, it doesn't bother me, I don't like the smell much though.

• Sure I would. I know of some people who smoke weed and are geniuses.

• I would not. I am not comfortable with it.

• I don't mind haha, as long as he isn't addicted.

• Yes to me it doesn't really matter it's not bad.

• Yeah I would... I smoke sometimes myself

• I don't some, but I respect your opinion.

• I smoke weed I don't see nothing wrong with it. It's not a drug is a plant.

• Yes, I smoke weed too. It's not a big deal. I'd never be with someone who does hard drugs though.

• I'd be ok with it, I'm dating a guy who smokes weed and I smoke with him once in a blue moon. As long as they're life doesn't revolve around it or boast about smoking weed.

• People boast about smoking weed?

• No I wouldn't, it's a turn off. Smoking weed seems pointless and ignorant.

• Yes I would and have

• I respect that.

• I may feel different if I never had but I've tried it several times, just didn't like the way it made me feel so I don't anymore

• I smoke weed. I would date myself no doubt.

• Wow, you're very young. I know it's your life and I respect that but hope you're aware of the adverse effects that weed can have on your brain.

• It's not like I do it everyday, just when I go to a party or clubbing I find it better and way more fun to be high than drunk. It's healthier than alcohol

• Oh, okay.