Am I too picky for not wanting to date someone because they are religious?

• Yes!
  • No...

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not.
    CORE VALUES are important.

If you're against the concept of religion yourself , dating someone who's religious is just a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.
    If you're against marijuana , would you date a recreational smoker?
    Of course not because that's a point of contention.

People say - opposite attract... but... it's people who are alike who are happiest together... even tho it might get a tad tedious after a while where you two just start agreeing on everything going... uhh huh... hmm hmm , yerp , yep , sure.

• "it's people who are alike who are happiest together"
      Ding!

What Guys Said 15

• Their religion defined their behavior and their values and what they think is right or wrong and how they think they and you and your children should live their lives, so of course not. I would prefer to choose to date someone who is also not religious as well.

• Yes you are you should date them

• Ummmm how religious the type that doesn't believe in evolution religious or someone who just follows the teachings like be kind caring and generous religious and has faith in someone being omnipotent (thats what I am)

• That's more agnostic than anything

• agnostic is just being an unsure person I am sure someone is out there in the great beyond but I still believe in sience and evolution but I also follow the teachings

• If a religious person will date a non religious person then they aren't that religious hence it shouldn't be too big a deal.
    That said people having different core values and trying to have a stable relationship is just BEGGING for trouble.

• I wouldn't date a religious girl either.

• Nope, you're entitled to go after men that you feel will be the best fit for you.

• I don't think so. Religion is a pretty important topic and it would be difficult to stay with someone whose views on it were the exact opposite of yours

• No because I wouldn't date someone who isn't religious. So you and I are on the same boat though trying to float on different paths

• No sinc eI wouldn't date a relisious person either I think that it's better for none religious people to date each other

• You should date someone who shares the same believes and values than you. But then again you probably will find a more secure and sensible relationship with someone that has strong values and believes and that will live by them.

• No, it's a preference.

• No, I don't want to date religious people either.

• If you're not religious but someone else is, I would think that it would be a basic difference in core values. No reason to waste anyones time.

• Your entitled to date anyone u want.

• But i am not really religious but the world would say i am. I just a chold of God and have a relationship with my maker and your maker. I am his friend too. He is the reason i am alive and well :)

What Girls Said 6

• No, not at all. That's your choice. I'm a Christian and in all honesty, I probably wouldn't date someone who was a non-Christian. That's just my preference, I think it's important to be with someone who has similar values and beliefs. So, no, I don't think you're too picky for not wanting to date a religious person, you're allowed to have any preferences you want when it comes to dating.

• No way. It's important to agree on basic things or at least be willing to live with them in your everyday life. I'm religious and tried dating an atheist. His constant negative attitude about my religion was part of the reason we broke up. So now I don't date atheists. It's okay to form character preferences in the people you date.

• nope, we all have our preferences.
    c I'm the opposite. i won't date someone who isn't religious.

• No, you're not. That's a pretty important part of someone. Its hard to have a relationship with someone with fundamentally different views of the world and pretty much everything in general

But... don't say you never would date a religious person. Feelings will getcha. Unfortunately.

• everyone has a preference

• No. I wouldn't date a religious person either