My boyfriend's friends thinks I changed him :( is it normal for guys to change for a girl they really love?

Yesterday, I was talking to two friends that me and my boyfriend knows mutually. They casually mentioned that my boyfriend has changed ever since he got together with me (in a good way) but they mentioned something that bothers me a lot- is he doing that to please me or is that his true self? They told me that in the past he doesn't treat people around him as nice as how he treats me. (He is nice to people but treats me nicer) they feel that he's smoothing out all his rough edges just to make me happy and they feel that all of these is just fake acts. My boyfriend waited for me for 2 years and they feel that he really likes me a whole lot. I do not feel that what he's doing is fake, and I told him about this incident. My boyfriend said he isn't doing all this to impress or please anyone.
His friends said that he used to be playful and aloof but after he got together with me he changed by cutting down on a lot of things and actions and is nicer to people around him. (Nicer than his old self)
I never thought of changing my boyfriend's personality of actions when I decided to get into a relationship with me. Am I wrong? What should I do? I do not want him to lose his old self and I feel guilty for "taking" his old self away :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a non conformist *flips hair*

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of guys act differently when they're around girls and especially a girl who they care about so I think it's normal. People tell me I'm nicer when I'm with my girlfriend but I think it's because I'm always happier when I'm with her

• You never said him to change for you so don't feel guilty about that.. And if person is good as before so it's good na why his friends saying that you changed.. I'll only say you are not responsible for this..

What Girls Said 1

• It is quite normal and healthy for people to change for better and/or for worse when they are in a relationship.