What is everyone's opinion of someone having a lot of friends of the opposite sex?

Guy who is interested in me seems to have a few female friends on Facebook. They are mostly girls from where he's originally from but it makes me feel uneasy. I'm not on his friend list nor do I have any interest in ever being for that reason. What's your take on men and women being friends? Can they really be platonic? It may be innocent but it makes me take 2 steps back. He told me a while back he's looking for a good woman but why the need for all the female friends then?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't get why you don't want to friend him on Facebook. Lol
    Listen, with guys our friends are often there cuz they're just that, it's the guys who can't be friends with a girl unless they share a bed you should watch out for.
    I have friends that I've had since kindergarten on my friend list, and yeah one that I dated, but when it comes down to it they're all there because at some point in my life they were good friends or continue to be. I see no difference between a male and female friend, aside from sometimes yeah I'm attracted to a female friend.
    Honestly, I think it would be sad to live life limiting your interaction with the opposite gender to just one person at a time.
    That being said I don't think much when a girl has many guy friends, she's allowed to have friends and to get to know a variety of people. She's human. But when she's got that one dude who is just so damn sweet, even though we're dating... We might have a bit of an issue lol

What Guys Said 4

• I don't trust men with lots of female friends, or girls with lots of male friends. One thing is to have a couple of friends from the opposite sex: that's natural; having more friends from the opposite sex than from your own means you probably don't give a shit about friendship at all and want something else.

• I have heaps of female friends they are awesome!! I have no interest in being anything more then friends :)

• Yes they can be completely platonic. Although for most situations like that the thought of dating the other crosses their mind, but can literally be just a single pasding thought

• I dont mind but I dont really have female freidns lol unless I train them at the gym and stuff

What Girls Said 5

• I've always had an easier time making friends with guys, for some reason. It's possible to have totally platonic friendships with someone of the sex you're attracted to without being attracted to them. Friendship's about whom you like to spend time with, that's all.

• Yes, it can really be platonic. I'd be more worried if he DIDN'T have any female friends, honestly. That means he wouldn't be able to relate to/talk to women.

• Yep I'm in the same situation and I really don't know... he acts like he likes me but can it really be nothing with all those other girls? Not convinced...

• They're cool. I wanna be their friends.

• nothing to worry about