Guys, how do you find out she or he is the one?

It fucks me up tbh...
Let's assume this, you're a really attractive guy and you talk to quite a few girls, how the fuck would you end up liking and engaging yourself in a relationship with only one girl when there are other options?
I dont understand monogamous relationships, how do two people connect and commit themselves to one another when there are way more options, how does only TWO people do that? You know?
When I start talking to a guy who starts to show intersts in me, Im always insecure, "why does he want ME?" "There are other girls out there?", "How is this even possible? Why me?", etc etc...
Im so confused... I have never been in a relationship, so Im pretty unfamiliar with settling with only one person, but I find it fascinating that two people choose to dedicate themselves to one another but it's also very doubting and bizarre, they could still cheat on you, they could sneak behind your back, they could lie and deceive you eventually like I DONT TRUST PEOPLE! I DONT WANT TO GET HURT! UGH GUYS AND GIRLS, HELP ME OM DYING HERE LOL!

I KNOW IM LOYAL AND I LIKE THIS GUY BUT WHO GUARANTEE ME THAT HE DOES LIKE ME BACK AND WON'T GO SEE OTHER GIRLS? YOU FEEL ME?

Most Helpful Guy

• Despite what gets portrayed on TV, human beings are capable of being loyal and not horning after anyone they get emotionally worked up around. It's dramatic, it draws in viewers... it isn't a very good reflection of real life.

(Battlestar was notorious for this. Any time a man and a woman so much as worked up a sweat in each others' presence it turned into sex, even if they were already in a relationship with someone else... looking at you, Dualla)

Any time you pursue a relationship you're opening up to getting hurt. Any time you open up and trust someone there's the potential they might betray that trust. Nobody ever fell in love without being a little brave. So long as you aren't chasing a player, chances are better than not he'd be loyal if it develops into something.

• Im about to shit my self lol

• No, no, no, you got that wrong. What you say is "God, I think I just shitted on mahself!"

R. Kelly taught us that.

• tbh I'm not into relationships and not interested in pursuing many at all and that's why it bothers me...

What Guys Said 5

• The truth of it is, everyone's going to break your heart at some point, even the one. it's about finding that one special person that makes the pain worth it.
    When I find someone i want to commit to, a lot goes into it. How does she make me feel? What do we talk about? Can I be myself around her? Does being with her make me want to be a better person...
    I can honestly say the answer is yes to all those things when I met the girl I'm talking to now, and maybe it was simply oh wow she's so pretty, and she's into geeky sjit? When I first started talking to her, but we are so in synch artistically and in our beliefs, I can't help but fall for her more and more.
    Honestly, how do you really know that someone is the one?
    That moment in which you realize that hurting them is your worst fear and the last thing you'd ever do

• Nobody can guarantee that he will like you bad. Like with anything else love is a learning experience it may not workout the first time or the next 10 times. You might get your heart broken but all that comes with the terretory. By being too careful you might miss out on love and life. One day you might find the guy or girl, whichever way you swing, that you will spend the rest of your life with but between there and now there might be some heartbreaks. But that is the beauty of love, those heartbreaks will only make you stronger and when you finally settle down you will see that those heartbreaks were worth it.

• With most guys a girl just stands out - You don't know why she is just the one you want to date.

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN "STAND OUT"? THERE ARE A LOT OF INTERSTING PEOPLE OUT THERE LIKE?

• Like she is the only one you think about

• it's good to talk to girls and everything, but when someone's special you just know. I mean, the first time you walk into a room and see them you just kinda take a step back and know they're different. I've read that you can tell a girl likes a guy from her smile, but a girl can tell a guy likes her from his eyes. Even if we aren't expressive all the time, the way we looks at you will give him away!

• I don't know u just do... if it makes sense there's no clear way

What Girls Said 0