Is he stressed or losing interest?

I've been seeing this guy for the last 2 months. It's not exclusive, but it seemed like it was heading that way. He took me out for my birthday, cooked for me, told me all about his past, and has become extremely affectionate in the last month. It was long distance, but now I'm living near him temporarily for work. He even offered his place if I needed somewhere to stay. The past week he's been very distant and hasn't tried to make plans even when I initiate it. I asked if he was mad at me and he aplogized for not being responsive this past week and said he had friends visiting from out of town and that he got fired from his job a few days ago so he's just been a little distracted/stressed. Does this sound legit? I really like him, but if he's losing interest I don't know what to do. I don't want to be needy, but I don't know if that's really why he's been distant.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like a loss of interest.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like a loss of interest, could be due to stress too.

I'll say to lay off on him a bit, give him some space, maybe take him out to somewhere fun to relax.

What Girls Said 1

• yeah that sounds legit to me. sometimes in life things come up like that. since he told you straight up, it sounds legit. give it a few weeks until he can get back on his feet and i'm sure he'll come back around.