Am I his girlfriend?

I've been seeing this guy since March, we didn't really become emotionally serious until a month ago and have since gone on dates and slept together. Recently we were with his neighbors and the wife asked if I was his girlfriend and he said "yes" I honestly don't remember if he hesitiated or not, but I remember I didn't look at him as he said this in case he was pale or looked nervous. I did ask him before that day what we were and he said "I'd say we are dating, right?" but he didn't come out and say a couple. I feel like we are in a relationship then at times i wonder because since then we haven't brought it up. Do you think he said I'm his girlfriend so his neighbor doesn't think badly of him? ( they are an older couple)

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be. There is a chance that he might have said that to avoid any awkward discussion about what exactly you are in front of others. Defining relationships are really complex because on one end you don't want to do it too soon but on the other end not too late either cause you want to know where you stand. I'd say 3 months is a good amount of time to know if you're into someone enough to want more with them. I know you already tried and his reply was that you are dating but maybe it's time to ask him what he means by dating because it can mean very different things to different people. At this point at the very least he should be wanting to be exclusive with you. I doubt at this point there should be a reason for wanting to see other people if you are genuinely interested in your partner so maybe just have a conversation about it. It doesn't have to be serious but just look for a moment when you are both relaxed and bring it up. If he really likes you this will not change his feelings for you.

What Guys Said 4

• He said "Id say we are dating" in which you both agreed. He mentioned you as his girlfriend to his neighbours, which doesn't give much clue, but you should have payed attention to his body language when he said this. You would have known your answer... Talk to him about it if it bother's you that much. The way I see it is, either way, its all positive at the moment so dont overthink things too much

• Until your FBO (facebook official) you guys are nothing.

• My opinion is that y'all are a couple

• How about you two kiss, then it's all settled

What Girls Said 0