My mutual friend told me this guy only wants to be friends. What do I do now?

I recently met a guy almost two weeks ago from a mutual friend. He added me on snapchat and we have been communicating through that and texts. 5 days after meeting, he asked me if I wanted to date for a bit and see how things go. I said yes because he seems fun and nice. I got to see him Saturday and Sunday night time and Monday morning. He initiated all contacts and expressed that he wanted to see me. He came over and we kissed and cuddled. We even had our clothes off but did not have sex. I said I wanted to go on a date Sunday night and he said he would take me next week. Then, my friend texted me asking about him. She told me to be careful because he isn't looking for a relationship; he doesn't want anything more with me and only wants to be friends. She said I could be friends with him and see what happens but this whole friend thing saddens me a little. I am afraid of asking.. I don't know what to do. We did do stuff but he still wants to be friends? Is he a jerk for saying this and doing this? I don't think he knows that I know he wants to be friends. We haven't texted since Monday. He said he would text me on Monday but nothing. He said he is going to be busy. Today is Wednesday.

what do I do? I thought he wanted to date to see if we can have more.

What Guys Said 1

• he is looking to have sex obviously.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad but it definitely sounds like he isn't into having a relationship. He did say right off the bad that he wanted to "date for a bit and see how things go". That's blatantly "let's hang out for a little while and maybe hook up or something". If you want you can approach him about what your friend said but from an objective stand point I hate to say it, but it sounds grim. If he said he'd text and didn't? I'd be angry and justifiably. I don't care if I don't hear from a guy I'm seeing for days at a time but if he commits to something, for example 'I'll text you on ____day' and doesn't, then he's broken a verbal promise and that's insulting. Now it's Wednesday and still no word? I'd toss him. He's clearly not interested in a relationship and you don't deserve to be hurt and strung along into that nonsense. To the curb he goes! Hold off for someone who really cares for you and sees a future, you deserve that.