Does she know what she wants or does she not know what she wants, what is it?

So last week I asked someone out over text in a friendly manner. Just to get to know her more outside school. She responded with seeing me as a friend but that we can go out.
Last couple of days were very awkward because of this. So yesterday she texted me that she responded in a stupid manner and ofcourse we could go out outside school. She jumped to conclusions too fast.

Now the thing is, I like her, I enjoy talking to her, I enjoy spending time with her but I'm not in love with her, I just have more interest in her than in other girls. So I was planning on telling her that the reason I asked her to do something is because I like talking to her and would like to get to know her better. We are pretty close at school by the way. Would this be the right thing to do now? Or would she be creeped out? I do know communication is key.

Most Helpful Girl

• she doesn't know.

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell her how you actually feel and let he know you want a chance at dating her. Be persistent and don't let her win too easily, cuz if she sees your really invested, then hopefully if she feels any remote interest at all he will give you a chance.

• Don't tell her that now. As you mentioned, her first response to you was that she sees you as a friend.

Telling her that now would make her assume you want more and she won't be comfortable with that.

• But i dont want more atm, that's what i want her to know. I just want to get to know her better. Should i just ask her to "hang out" then?

• Just ask her to hang out. :)

What Guys Said 1

• Yes I think it would be a good idea for you to tell her that you just want to get to know her better first and it should not creep her out