Age gap? We are nearly 14 years apart?

I met this guy a little over a month ago. He was staying at the hotel I just got hired at for a month and a half. He is 34 and I am 20. It was very unexpected that we started talking because he doesn't go for girls my age and vice versa. We have been talking everyday since he left and our feelings grow more genuine for each other. I've never had a successful relationship with guys my age because my expectations are so much higher and that's what an older guy can offer. Problem is my dad doesn't know that we are talking or even talking to go further with our friendship. My dad is very over protective and told me already that I won't find what I want in a guy my age but to also use common sense when it comes to the age gap. Am I doing something wrong by talking to this older man? I am no means using him for his money or looks whatsoever.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you truly care or love one another, then age is just a number, provided that both party are legal and since both of you are, it doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 6

• I am more wondering, and always have been, about what the fuck is up with these guys talking to girls who are this much younger if it's not for their fresh body.

Like are they so immature that they can't find what they want in women their age or at most 5 years younger? ...

• Most women his age have been married and divorced or they have kids. Something he doesn't want to deal with lol

• Most guys my age are so very immature and only want a connection with the p and v. That's it. Older guys have their shit together, already have a career and all that good stuff. I am very mature for my age which this guy as also said. Guys my age just waste my time. They play by these really immature games and it's just not for me. It would be different if I only have given one type of guy a chance but when it is various types of guys and it isn't working, then something's gotta give.

• You're not doing anything wrong, you're an adult and so is he but I have to confess that I feel men and women who date much younger/older people usually have some underlying mental problems, but hey if you two end up together then I wish you all the best.

• That is a big age gap for a relationship I think.

• You do you Boo Boo

• I'd say go for it. The age gap is fairly large, but I've seen extremely happy couples with even larger age gaps then that.

• You aren't doing anything wrong, wrong is when the Romans would have a marriage between a 50 year old man and a 13 year old girl.

What Girls Said 3

• Awww~ I love large age gap. Just personal preference. :)

I'm with @Chapy go for it. I'm serious. Don't let it go because of what your father thinks or wants.

My boyfriend is 10 years older than me and looks older than his age because he works and brainstorms a lot. Older man seems to meet my expectations and have similar thoughts as me. I know many people out there may say or will say that younger women dating much older men just for their money; which is not wrong. But those people are not you so don't care about that. What matters is that he knows that you are not using him and God knows that then there's nothing wrong. :)

• You're not wrong for talking to him at all! Do anything at least once!

• No just go with your heart