At what age do you dating prospects diminish?

I'm a fitness model and you know as a model in fashion or fitness I know, that being 23, I only got so many good years left in the industry. And I often feel the same way about dating. A lot of men make it very clear they think women lose most of their sexual value in their late 20s. It's essentially the same reason a model is considered too old in her late 20s and it worries me that I've never had a boyfriend or even been close to it

It's ust dating is difficult for me. I've been taking a few engineering classes the past few years, working towards a degree. It's a very male dominated field and yet it doesn't do anything for my dating prospects.

My friend keeps saying you don't need to date a lot, you just need to find the right one, being with the wrong guy until you're 28 does you no good either. Well true but dating is a numbers game, right? The more people you're with the more likley you are to find the one. And I haven't been with anyone and frankly i don't know if it's ever going to happen.
The other thing is that I'm still a virgin and I want to have sex. The past few years I really started craving it and I'm tired "doing it myself "

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no age where you lose all your value, but it is true that the longer you wait to settle down the harder it will be. Because most of the good guys will be taken, and you will just have the leftovers. If a guy is 40 and single, there must be a reason for that, ya know what i mean?

So yes, i think it would be best for you to keep on the lookout for a guy. The "don't search for love, because it will happen when you least expect it" advice is BS. Its like saying that you will eventually get rich if you sit on the couch watching T. V. All day. You can't sit there waiting for somebody to show up, you have to go out and find him.

Your friends advice was BS too, because your right. Dating is a numbers game. The more people you date, the more likely ONE of them will be compatible. There is also nothing wrong with going out with more than one guy at a time, as long as you haven't decided to be exclusive with one of them, and don't lead them on too long. After 2 or 3 dates you have to decide that they aren't right for you, or that you have to break it off with everyone else and continue dating.

And also, just some of my own advice: Date a variety of different guys. If you date a guy and he ends up not being compatible, if you date another guy that appears to be similar, chances are - he won't be compatible either.

What Guys Said 6

• You will be surprise about how many loves you will have in your life. Remember the tragedy of the high school relationship when it ended? Well you're dating in 20's will be different in your 30's and later on dating post divorce (50% chance).

"My friend keeps saying you don't need to date a lot, you just need to find the right one, being with the wrong guy until you're 28 does you no good either."

No you need to date, you need relationship experience. Through relationships you learn a lot about your partner and yourself. You learn that some of those things on your "needs" list are not as important as you thought and you'll add things that to that list that cannot be overlooked.

But no rush... don't don't rush into anything or force things. Just be open to dating and work on the goals you set out for yourself.

• Lol ummm call me?

No, but seriously, you shouldn't down yourself. I know it's completely rude to try and tell someone how to feel and that isn't my intention. You've never had something, well a few things, and your interested to know how being with someone, loving someone, can and will feel. Just know that your still very young with all the time in the world.. Do what you must to get to the place you want to be. You have a career and the motivation to attend school at that.. You are currently on a great path and though it may seem lonely at times, keep ya head up. I can't tell you when or where but eventually you'll meet someone and if the time is right you'll experience everything you've been seeking.. I mean you being a woman, you could go to a bar and find any guy, any guy, willing to hook up, date and the works but my advise is, put yourself forward and continue on with your current goals.. He will come to you. You seem like your focused and well frankly a relationship takes time..

• it goes both ways. yeah the more you experience the better you can filter to find Mr. Right... orrr... sometimes you just get damn lucky and pick him on first draw.

• I know, but seeing as I've been quite unlucky so far, I'm not counting on that

• tbh, i dont think they ever diminish. right now in our early 20's we're always looking for the finest cuts of meat when it comes to dating. But as we get older, our horizons expand, so i think in that regard our dating prospects grow.

I was in your situation earlier this year, being 22 and still a virgin, and not being in a relationship since i was 17. But now, I'm with a girl who I love very much and see myself with for a very long time to come. The point is that, you simply never know who may enter your life. You just have to put yourself out there. meeting people in school, or at a volunteer position is great. Personally, i tended to avoid bars and clubs to meet people, but you might wish to take a swing at it. Also, Tinder isn't a terrible option either, and its kinda fun just to see who's out there, but there are some whack jobs on it.

• how did you meet her if you don't mind me asking?

• I don't know I'm kinda nervous using online dating sites or apps. I'm afraid I'll see people I know. Especially since I start an internship in a tech company in a few months. I would to have colleagues see me there

• i dont think that that should dishearten you. I found my classmates on Tinder, most likely they found me. But there were no questions asked or anything like that.

• Ah, the pressures of a superficial society.

• Never had a boyfriend? Post some pics since you say you are a fitness model.

What Girls Said 2

• When you start letting your age determine what you can and can't do with your life. That's when your prospects will diminish. There will always be single men of your age, whatever age you are. There will always be men who find slightly more mature women attractive, there will always be men who find older women attractive and there will always be men who want girls in their twenties.

• Let me get this straight. You're a model who goes to school around mostly male (mostly nerdy males who should be drooling all over you) and you're having a hard time finding dates? Hmmmmmm something is wrong with this picture.