Am I looking at the wrong type of girls?

I'm what you call a geek/nerd. I'm not all into sports I'm more of a quiet guy who likes to observe. The girls I've dated have all been somewhat popular they were usually the life of party's while I just stayed in the background. It's my social awkwardness that can't get me to interact with people all that well. I'm scared I'll say something weird and they'll laugh or I'll make myself look like a fool. The girls I've dated didn't have long relationships we would normally last a month or so before the girl would break up or cheat on me. Am I looking into the wrong girls? Is it me? I feel like I have to change myself for girls to like me cause most of the girls I know/ like are into outgoing guys who play sports or go to lots of party's. Sadly I'm none of those things and the only girl that seems right for me is my best friend. She's a swimmer she's kind of popular I guess but she has a boyfriend who again is an athlete and a wrestler at that. So she's out, but I'd like to think I have a shot. She's nice, funny, smart, weird like me, nerdy at times but she's also an introvert like me so why is it that God gives me this best friend. Yet He dangles her in front of me like he's saying you can't have her. I just feel like I can't get someone to love me for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• People say opposites attract. But while opposites do attract, similarities keep people together.

Your case sounds like my former friend's. She's a social butterfly, her ex husband was a total awkward computer geek. After some time, she got bored of him and ditched him.

Trust me, i've seen enough cases where the girl is a social butterfly and the guy a geek or nerd. Their relationship always runs under her dominance, and in the end either she cheates or she finds someone more similar to her. Either way, the quiet one is always the one who gets burned.

I'd advice you to look at girls with more similarities than you

What Girls Said 2

• You should never settle, so if the popular type are what you like keep going for them, just get to know them better before pursuing a serious relationship.

• dont change yourself for anyone. its ok to like any type of girl you want and be yourself. the right girl will come along =]

What Guys Said 3

• Dude... many gals luv geeks... trust me :D

• Maybe you are

Do you think you are?

• They were the wrong girls, cheating isn't really your fault.