Guys, why do you find girls attractive?

stupid question, just wondering. gender is a social construct so why go for a girl and not a guy? is it cuz you don't like dick? would you ever date a trans guy/ftm or a trans girl/mtf? would you ever date a non-binary person?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Gender is not a social construct. A man shares a 99% genetic similarity to another man of any ethnicitiy, but only 98.7% similiarity with a female from his own family. Physicaly our bone structures are diffrent with men having thicker jaws and bone around the eye to protect against punches, women have wider hips and angled thigh bones for child birthing, bone density is greater in men then woman as well. Our fat to muscle ratios are completely diffrent which is why women have higher body fat percentage than men on average and men have greater muscle density then women which is why mens daily coloric intake is about 3000 vs. a womens 1500 (averaged to about 2000) and sense muscle is a greater isulator is the reason guys always seem hot and women always seem to get cold. Bio chemicaly speaking womens primary hormones are estrogen and progesterone (the chemical that effects the bodies ability to build bone and is the reason women are far more likely to get osteoporosis) and men testosterone. Our brains differ as well, women have considerably more "white matter" (which is why, its believed, they are more socialy oriented) and men have more "gray matter" (which is why, its is believed, they are more "thing" oriented). Phsycologicly diffrences exist as well, their is a very infamous experiment where during a circumcision of a set of male twins, one of the was accidentally castrated. A physcologist stated that gender is a social construct and as such heavily incouraged the parents to perform a sex change procedure on the infant. His entire life he was raised as a girl, long story short he thought he was transgender and them found out that infact he was male all along and lived the rest of his life as a man. He later killed himself due to the severe emotianal trauma he had gone through. Plus the fact that any species where both genders function identicly are physicly very similar which humans are not, and the fact that we would not have gender roles or division of labor if we where all equally capable of performing the same tasks both physically or phsycologically. Also if men where not atttracted to women and women not attracted to men we wouldn't be able to reproduce and would be an evolutionary dead end ( on a species level, not individual level)

What Guys Said 19

• "gender is a social construct "

OMG... 2015 and here is the result. Kids brainwashed by Feminism, who now ask the most ridiculously obvious questions.

This is as ridiculous as asking why objects fall on the ground when you drop them because somebody would have removed from your education, BASIC KNOWLEDGE concerning the Gravity.

I'm not mad at you at all, it's not your fault, I just wonder where and who implanted that rotten seed in your brain, that gender is a social construct. Are you into "women's studies" at college or what's going on?

• oh great now there's 2 of them...

• Just so you know... An experience was conducted by Dr. John Money with 2 young brothers to prove gender was a social construct... and that resulted in such an epic failure, that one of the boys suffers from some sort of schizophrenia and the other one ended up killing himself...

• I agree that gender is a social construct when we talk about gender behaviors in society, but the gender attraction to the opposite gender. We find girls attractive because we're guys. I can't explain it, I started finding girls attractive naturally in my life, it's part of us, we don't choose it, it happens and I'm quite happy with it.

• biology LOL

• Gender, or sex, is not a social construct. Masculinity and femininity are social constructs.

You can be a feminine girl, masculine girl, feminine guy, or masculine guy.

So I think you might reword your question to state why do guys go for feminine girls vs masculine girls?

• Gender is NOT a "social construct", it is BIOLOGICAL FACT. If you have a penis and testes, you're a male. If you have a vagina and ovaries, you're a female.

MASCULINITY and FEMININITY are social constructs. But they do not make up one's gender. You can be as masculine as you want but as long as you have a vagina and ovaries, you're still a female.

• Isn't that sex you are describing?

• Actually masculinity and femininity are not social construcs, we have diffrent biologies and phsycologies all of which form the identity of an individual, Society only highlights certain naturally occuring attributes as desirable while trying to limit the negative, but its all based on a preexisting templet, its just modified by society and its standards usually to the benefit of the society.

• "gender is a social construct"

HAH.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

http://i.imgur.com/nBsxfMm.jpg?fb

Now THAT'S a red flag attitude if I've ever seen one.

Though to answer your question, I have no fucking clue why I find girls attractive, I think it truly is as simple as "biology." Sorry if you were expecting a more advanced answer. And no, I wouldn't date anyone trans, I apologise if that makes me a horrible cisgendered demon.

• Because I'm biologically inclined to be interested in the opposite sex for the purpose of procreation? Gender is not a social construct, because, unlike race, it has more than purely asthetic value. The reason race is seen as a social construct is because it is merely asthetic, race changes almost nothing about a person, biologically, sex, however, does. From hormones, to the role in reproduction, to diseases you're capable of contracting, yeah, sex counts for a lot. Also, unlike race (which is especially stupid considering most tigers are more diverse than we are) sex is something accounted for by almost every species of both vertebrate and invertebrate.

• Erhm...

You took that "gender is a social construct" thing a LOT too far.

So hundreds of thousands of years of evolution are a social construct? Try harder...

• Um... Because the majority of males are straight, so therefore they are attracted to females.

As for your second question. No, I personally would not date a transgender.

• I think that most cis-Herero don't really think about what it means because 98% of the time when dating sex and gender are the same.

Realistically I'd hazard a guess that for most cis-hetero males they are -primarily- attracted to the physical female sex. The desire for that person to self identify as female is secondary (though also present).

• not really accurate, the physical is important since it is the first indicator of the person being female and thus a possible mate, their is many many things of a non physical nature that stand out as well. A woman that doesn't sound like a women is strange, or a woman that walks like a man and things like that. Their are many little things that men are attracted to that you won't really notice unless they are some how missing.

• Because i am attracted to femininity. Females are feminine. Homosexual men, even if emotionally feminine cannot, and will never be physically feminine. Same with transgenders.

• Survival is the brain's ultimate goal and reproducing is part of that survival. Plus some guys want a family that is their own rather than adopting.

• What kind of a stupid question is this?

• Lol Gender is not a social construct are you kidding me?

• xD it is. why do girls "have" to wear flowers and pink? why do guys "have" to act tough and heartless? because of society. it formed our way of thinking that's what life is

• Gender is what you identify as, physiology has nothing to do with it. Boobs, vaginas, etc. are tied to a person's sex, not gender.

• Guess I don't dive into philosophy like you guys. I'm out of this convo now lol.

• Gender isn't a social construct, it's a biological one.

• They're evolutionary reasons to find female bodies attractive, not for gender related attraction really though.

I might date a ftm person, depending on whether they had (or were planning) body modifications, and their extent.

• Gender is not just a social construct. It's also an intentional design by nature that there be two different sexes (genders) inn order for almost all species to procreate, multiply, produce offspring, etc.

Now to answer your question. I'm attracted to girls first and foremost because I was born male and thus was attracted to girls before I even knew what made them different. I was naturally inclined to do so. I'm not naturally attracted to males. For a more precise biological answer, as God.

• No, God is not a precise biological answer at all, and most species are asexual. However, you are correct about gender being more than a social construct,

• Hormones and social grooming... men are attracted to feminine things at least that's what society tells us to...

No to the trans girl

• Gender is a social construct? No it's not. It's a biology construct. ATTRACTION is both a social and biology construct.

Would I ever date a man pretending to be a woman or a woman pretending to be a man? No never.

Would I ever date a non-binary person? You mean someone without a dick or vagina? No.

• well you're pretty shallow aren't you? "pretending" isn't the right word, "being" is. and a non-binary may or may not have a dick/vagina, they just don't identify with what they were born with

• And as far as your little "insult" I really don't give a shit. You're more of a square than a hexagon.