Do guy like independent ladies or more dependent ladies?

I feel like men should take care of a girl but do guys like that?

Most Helpful Guy

• well I usually go for the girls that are independent mentally, but as with everything too much is too much... some are so indipendent that they cannot be engaged or are simply closed off

but please explain what men have to take care of for their women so I can understand what exactly you mean, or if you differ from the usual stereotype

i'd really like to be on completely equal terms but that is something that will most likely never happen because very few people actually completely balance themselves...

What Guys Said 9

• 70% Independent, 30% dependent. I don't want to babysit my girlfriend but I want to feel needed sometimes, it gives me an excuse to do something for some one I care about...but don't get used to it, you need to take care of yourself most of the time.

• I strongly prefer independent women, but I'm not that reluctant to date or like dependent ladies. As long as they are not gold diggers.

• I can't speak for other guys, but I feel a guy should take care of the special girl in his life.

If a woman is that important and special to me, and if she is living with me ( as my wife or live-in girlfriend ), I do feel a sense of responsibility to take care of her so that she dosn't have to have too many worries. It just feels like the right thing to do.

• If she's always depending on her boyfriend for solutions than answers, rather than trying to resolve some issues herself, I don't think she'll grow up. Of course, I would like to help her with her problems, but I'd also like her to resolve some issues by herself.

• Strange how many women think that, yet at the same time demand equality in every other area of life.

• Well, not "every other area". There's many more kinds of special treatment they think are due to them.

• I don't demand equality I think I should be allowed to vote but that is really all I demand

• In the middle ground. I like a girl who will come to me for advice and wants to be around me and stuff, but I mean she has to make some decisions for herself. Although its in the middle I lean towards more dependant

• Gentlemen should look after a lady, naturally, but both of those species are, for all practical purposes, extinct. The process is impossible to reverse, so... try to enjoy the unisex era.

• independent women

no gold-diggers, please

• I love an independent girl only in moderation. I would like it if she too had a job and contributed to bring in the money. I would not feel emasculated at all if she brought in more money than me, just as long as we both could contribute financially. I would like a girl that would/could come up to me and talk about her problems. It makes me feel like that she can really respect my decisions and take in my advice. I think a women with a back bone is sexy cause then she wouldn't let people take advatage of ehr and walk all over her. That's my liking though.

What Girls Said 2

• In my opinion, I think guys like independent ladies. Its more of the idea that she doesn't really need him to take care of her that makes him want to take care of her. If that makes sense. I think those sort of relationships work best. Because then both the guy and girl feel good when the guy is taking care of the girl, but it isn't an obligation. She can take care of herself.

• i think it depends on the man

me personally I don't depend on any many I'm very independent but then I've had to be to raise my children on my own lol

like I said it depends on the man and the woman