If the relationship is new, would you tell others you're dating and who you're dating?

I wouldn't haha. I'll keep quiet, because I don't even know if it'll work out. And I believe both of us don't want anyone else to know either. And I don't really want others to know that I'm going through a lot of failed relationships, especially if I end up dating a friend of my ex, or get a reputation for being rejected all the time haha.

What about the rest of you? :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm just talking with someone, I may not mention it because it may not work out like you said. However, if I'm in an actual relationship, I will let other people know. I don't go into the mindset of thinking it will fail and that I will be going through many of them.

• I used to let my closest friend know. Then I realised I was going through a lot of them.. :/ It's like I'm jinxing things by saying it out.

• That's true. Even if that happens though, I suppose as long as both parties communicate well there's nothing that can really go wrong haha.

• Yeah, good point. Hope all goes well. :)

What Girls Said 3

• I typically will say 'the guy I'm dating' but not give him a name. Call me superstitious but it seems like every time I finally give the guy a name things fall apart. I say like 2 months before I involve my friends at least. It is nice to discover who we are and how we get on before bringing in the friend corral.

• Something like this. Everytime I tell my close friend that I'm seeing someone, it all falls apart a month later. It's stupid but i think maybe not telling will force me to be more patient and selective..

• If the relationship is new, I would NOT tell others that I am dating and who I am dating. I usually keep it as a secret for couple of months to see where it goes.

• I totally agree with you! To me dating is just "trying out". There's no guarantee they're the person for you unless you've reached the stage where you know you're going to propose to them in a couple of month's time.

• i would some people.

What Guys Said 1

• nah... none of their business 8)

• hah! Yea but sometimes you get a little prideful and let it slip.