Guys, when your dating someone do you sometimes just want space for no reason at all besides wanting a bit of time to yourself?

When you've just started seeing someone and its a few months in do you sometimes just fall back into your old routine when you didn't have a girl and just want some space? It's nothing to do with the girl just that your getting caught up in what your doing that week that you don't pay attention to anything else?

• yes I need personal space from time to time
    89% (24)
  • No not really
    11% (3)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe I'm too familiar with emotional starvation, maybe I'm too vigilant to relax like a normal man, maybe both, but I find it hard to understand the mentality that allows a man to shoo his sweetie away. I figure that girls are fickle enough in the giving of their affection without us adding to the problem by *training* them to be misers, so I live by a philosophy of "get while the getting is good". I don't care if it's convenient or not; if she's offering, I will always welcome her attention. I can't afford to be picky about the timing. The only thing that could pull me away from her is bare logistical necessity.

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah, I still have my interests to consider. I need time to work on those.

Besides, if I'm with the girl 24/7, I won't have anything new going on in my life to tell her about and we'll run out of conversation. Going off and doing your own thing, and then meeting up again gives you time to find new stuff to talk about.

• I've always needed space, from friends, from family, my ex didn't understand that I needed time to myself to recollect and digest things within the week or day without any influence of thought. If I was alone, she would be jealous thinking I didn't enjoy her company, until I was getting to where I didn't. I wasn't the one to initiate the breakup, she was seeing someone else. All the free time I had from work or study was with her, but she needed constant attention.

• Umm... yeah. Honesty, he will care about you but sometimes you might be too smothering. Here's a good example:
    Guy comes home from a crazy day at work, tired. His S. O. askes him, how's your day? What did you do? What do you think of my new shoes? What flavor bread did you choose for your sandwich? or worse you can start talking about all the drama. This is enough to make him start losing hair.

Try this instead. Give him a pack of gummy bears and cuddle the shiznit out of him. No talking. Just cuddle.
    😑

• I haven't really ever done that. In the beginning of the relationship i will neglect my old routine, so i can spend as much time with her as possible. But eventually, instead of altering my routine, she becomes part of my routine, and she seems like a normal every day part of my life.

• Yes, it's always relaxing to just go back to being myself. I need time to eat messy in front of the TV, watch nerdy movies and not have to talk to anyone.

• YES. Girls always seem to get all up in they feelings when you don't text right away or want some time to hang out by yourself or with your friends. This is why one of the things I look for in a woman is that she has hobbies and her own group of friends.

• some space's good... but if she didn't want, np...

• Absolutely. I get caught up in the world of work, other obligations, and the like. Nothing personal about you at all.

• It can be hard to tell the other person you need time away from them, but you have to learn to both accept it and ask for it when you need it.

• Pretty sure I would have maintained a bit of space from the start. Gone mad otherwise.

• The more you hang out with a person or the more you text them you tend to run out of things to say. So it's good to get some space :)

• I need space but when i start dating a girl i really drop some of the bad routines

• guys need time to themselves once in a while

• In the words of Ari Gold... "Silence. It's golden."