Boyfriend's graduating and super stressed, do I give him space?

My boyfriend is graduating in less than a week and he's totally stressed, though he denies it completely. I can see how tense and anxious he's been, it's definitely out of character of him. He's expressed that he's worried about his future, and said he's not ready for the responsibilities of being an adult. He said he sees us together, but he doesn't know how or what he's going to do with the rest of his life, academically and professionally. Should I give him some space and let him figure things out on his own terms, or should I continue to try to help him? He won't really talk to me about what's been bugging him, I pieced together his concerns over a course of a few weeks. I want to be a supportive girlfriend, but I don't know if he just needs some space to find himself.

Most Helpful Guy

• The best thing you can do is to go to him and say that you will be there for him regardless of whatever happens. Tell him that you are aware of his stress and you don't know whether to hug him and not let go, or whether to back up and not be a distraction for him. Let it be his choice

What Guys Said 5

• Give him some space, he needs it.

But do NOT get "giving space" mixed up with "avoiding contact". Those are NOT the same thing. STILL be there for him and offer to help him if he needs it, just don't be all in his face about the things he's stressing over.

• What he probably needs the most right now is for you to cuddle and snuggle with him, to remind him of why he is doing all that work.
    Be loving, be supporting, do not ask anything of him.

• Graduating high school? I didn't know people were nervous about that since today's school system promotes laziness and as long as you show up you pass.

Is he going to college? A trade school? Enlisting in the military? Or maybe he's gonna get a job?

He's nervous about his future, which is very common. I'm in college and at the end of each semester I get more nervous about what my future holds.

• Yes, he's going to college next year, but he'll be going in undeclared which kinda freaks him out.

• With the exception of engineering and pharmacy majors, a majority of kids go in undeclared. Just support him and tell everything will work out fine!

• guess so... he needs 2 be calm atm!

• Blowjob, tell him you just need 10minutes from him daily so he can be relaxed. Say him when time comes he will handle everything, but for next 10 minutes he is still free.

What Girls Said 2

• don't let him rely on you but spend time with him so he knows he has your support

• give him space.