How do I find out we are dating without actually asking him?

I'm not sure! we've gone to the movie a couple times, we went to homecoming and prom together and he held my hand this year at prom. I've tried multiple times to ask him to his face and I just can't get up the guts to and he never responds to texts. He's more of a video game guy and never answers his phone... even for his parents! it's super annoying! I'm not sure how I feel about the whole situation. I will be starting college this fall and he will still be a senior in high school. Even though I'm living at home and we will be like 1 minute away from each other I'm not sure if we could carry on a relationship. I also don't know if I'll want to be tied down to a high school boy when i'm trying to get into the swing of college stuff. So how do I figure out if he thinks we are dating without actually asking him? I want to avoid having to give him my opinion on it. I really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't want to realize in the moment that I don't wanna date him and break his heart. and then again I don't want to want something more and find out that he thinks we are just friends and wants to stay that way. It's all very confusing and I'd rather not have him know I'm even curious let alone actively trying to find a way to figure it out! HELP!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's safe to say he assumes you're dating already because you really are. I never officially asked out a girl that actually took me up on it it just happened like you say.

What Guys Said 1

• Have you done more then hold hands? More then just movies? Are you or he seeing someone else? Make him man up. He needs to let you know where you stand. Good luck.

• No? I mean, I lean on his shoulder sometimes and we walk home together and we sat really close to each other in class and on the bus before I graduated. We went to chipotle after the first movie we went to (I was the one to suggest we go to the movies) then he asked me to prom the next week. and prom was the beginning of may. We went to the movies again last Thursday (under my suggestion again) and went to Pasha after wards... but he never paid for everything which my mom says means it wasn't actually a date but I don't know about that... I've been talking to a college boy since December, but not very often recently. I haven't talked to him since last Monday. oh and I was also the one who asked him to Homecoming in October...

What Girls Said 1

• Ugh. You have to officially break things off with him for the sake of your dating karma if nothing else. Yeah, it would be way easier to just slooooowly stop talking to one another and ghost out, but it wouldn't be the *right* thing.

Maybe next time he wants to go out maybe try confirming that you're only hanging out. Don't let him pay for anything don't hold hands no staring deeply into one another's eyes. Just platonic. That should send a clear message.