What's my issue? Why does this keep happening to me?

Okay for starters, this happened to me a handful of times already and this time with somebody I thought it wouldn't. Only because of the feelings I had, they were such strong and intense feelings, I mean the connection was instant and deep and this guy & I fell for eachother HARD. I thought about a future with this guy, marriage etc and neither of us were expecting this to happen. I know he fell for me because he was thinking about a future with me too, he would tell me how happy I made him and I would always catch him just staring at me sometimes in a way of admiration and joy. We would laugh at everything and we were so comfortable & honest with eachother & suddenly... my interest started diminishing for NO reason at all! He hasn't done anything in fact, he's been SO great to me. This person is absoloutly everything I wanted & messed it up with my problems. I don't know why this happened or what my issues are & I can't seem to figure it out, I have tried so many times before. I would appreciate any objective advice or from people that have dealt with the same things. Am I afraid of commitment? Am I afraid of getting hurt? Am I just fearful? What the hell is my problem? What am I running away from? I ended it quickly before things went deeper. I told him to give me time & I wanted to be friends for right now at the very least while I figure this out for myself, it sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• This same exact thing happened to me. I was seeing this guy. He fell for me super fast. I was right there with him until like 4 months in. The guy was the sweetest. Did everything for me without me asking. We were extremely comfortable with eachother as well. But then, my feelings for him disappeared. Its almost like it happened overnight. Everything I felt for him was just gone. He is my best friend now and even though I know he is in love with me, he respects that I simply don't feel that way toward him. It sucks because he was everything I could have ever wanted. I think it was because him and I had so many similarities that it made it kind of boring. There was no excitement.

What Guys Said 1

• i'd say afraid of commitmentt mostly... hve u ever been wid a guy before/

What Girls Said 1

• first off don't feel bad! you can't control the way your heart makes you feel. I have dealt with this once but it was simply because I didn't fully like the guy and also because I didn't see myself with him in the future. now for you, I would say you probably are afraid of getting hurt or even commitment because relationships are a lot of work. don't feel bad but maybe think or make a list of things you love about him and it's really just up to you to decide because as I read your post you can really tell this guy really does love you