I am not invited to my boyfriends house warming , is it suspicious?

My boyfriend is 22 and I am 20. We have just started dating for 3 and a half weeks ago. He is having a house warming party tomorrow nightand I not been invited with the excuse that his extended family will be there. I was initially invited but then he decided it was too early for me to meet them, he says things like his falling for me and stuff but is uncomfortable with me meeting his distant folks. His parents are not going to be there so i don't know if his just making up a excuse for me to just not be there. I know his best friends will be there but they already know we are dating so who is he hiding me from? Should i be as worried as i am or i am over thinking?

He invited me initially then told me to not come

Most Helpful Guy

• it's been three weeks, I don't blame him. Take it easy.

What Guys Said 4

• You've only been together for 3 and a half weeks, so I think it's too early to meet the family. I understand him, but at the same time, not inviting your girl but inviting everyone else is not ok.
    I don't think you should be worried, I just think he hasn't seen it from your perspective, I think he's just being a little selfish here.

• Over thinking. You've dated him less than a month... far too early.

• maybe but i mean u haven't been dating long so its not a surprise.

• Overthinking, as usual

What Girls Said 6

• The real issue is that he uninvited you.
    That does seem shady and like he is ashamed of you.
    I would calmly tell him how this makes me feel.
    If he initially thought it was too soon to meet his family,
    he would have never invited you in the first place.
    It's obvious something changed his mind.

• He said i gave a serious thought about it and it's a bit ridiculous for you to meet my family so early, so i asked if his embarrassed but he said no its just rule of thumb, I've known you for less then 1 month

• Rule of the thumb?
      Lame reason.
      If you ask me 3 and a half weeks is close enough to a month as it is.
      I don't buy it.
      I would be disappointed but not make an issue of this.
      He has his mind set apparently.

• Is it maybe just understood that he wants you there? Like, I wouldn't send a formal invitation to my boyfriend if I moved. I'd just expect him to come.

• you should definitely be invited!!!
    ask him whats going on. thats not cool at all :(

• It is suspicious. But don't jump to the conclusion though. You guys are just dating for 3.5 weeks. It is still fresh. He might not ready to bring you over. Not all guys are the same. Some guys will introduce right away whenever the chance comes, and some just don't.

You are definitely not overthinking but don't jump to any conclusion. Just be patient and watch out for the next time.

• Yeah.. I wouldn't introduce my boyfriend of 3.5 weeks to my extended family either.

• it is a red flag.