He's too broke to date me?

I have been seeing this guy for a couple weeks now and he says at the moment that he can't afford to always be paying for dates and he's saving money and paying off some debt and if that is a concern I should know now. But I mean our dates so far havebeen mostly cheap - one dinner and two movie nights. The other times have been walks, movies at home, picnic in the park etc... we were supposed to go to a park, ride our bikes and have a picnic about an hour away from our place. But he says he can't really afford that. He is such a great guy and I definitely don't mind paying for some dates or doing low cost dates. But for a simple picnic - I wonder even if he doesn't want to spend on that - he has a good job and lives on his own. We have a great connection but I'm not sure if this is something for the future I should be worried about...

Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think having money is important for a guy. I'd say leave him...

What Guys Said 5

• He just seems like a cheap guy
    but he should know you never discuss finances with a girl you are dating, make her assume the best, but know nothing

• money gets tight sometimes and maybe he's just worried, or he's lying , not enough info but time will tell

• I would say most people find themselves in situations where they just don't have any extra money. I would look at the reason why he doesn't have money right now. Is it student loans or he ran in to some bad luck and ended up in some debt or is he just retarded and blows his money as soon as he gets it? I would say look at his situation and how promising his future might be. Money isn't everything but can lead to some major relationship problems down the road if he has a problem with it.

• Sadly I know how he feels. I'm single but I don't think I could afford to go out at the moment. Too many damn bills and debt :(

• Probably he owns more than you think

What Girls Said 5

• So tell him you don't mind taking turns paying or paying your half of the date.
    This is alarming but it's admirable he's trying to clear his debts.
    That shows he has a level of responsibility.

• Well if he can't afford to date and he still really likes you, you could still keep in touch and let him know that y'all can try again when he's in a better situation. But don't necessarily wait for him. Feel open to see other guys and maybe meet someone who is better for you

• Try talking to him about it if your worried. Let him know you are willing to help out with paying for dates. Make sure he' knows that he's not the only one who needs to carry the burden of paying for everything.

• He needs to sort himself out... Leave him

• dont date him.