Guys, what does it mean when a guy says I guess we're just different people looking for different things?

I've been trying to hangout with this shy guy who I've been told by others that he likes me. He will only hangout with me when other people are around though. I spent so much time texting him over the course of 3 months, trying to see when he's free but it always ends with him ignoring me or having last minute excuses when we actually set a hangout date. Then, after getting fed up with it all, I texted him saying "I'll just stop asking you to hangout but you can text me whenever, I'm always free", and when he asked why, I said "it's a waste of time and ignoring me is a rude way to go about it." Then he said "I guess we're just different people looking for different things." What does he mean?

Well he still talks to me, we still have plans together that he's down for. He hasn't just completely stopped talking to me.

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, he has his ambitions sorted out - in simple terms he is saying that both of you are incompatible. However, incompatibility on ambitions is not the end of the world. Both of you can still be great friends, respect each others territory. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 6

• It means he feels like your a cool person you just don't have enough common interests to really connect

• He means you're not compatible for a relationship.

• He's just not that interested.

• He's trying to say you aren't his type

• Means he does not like you

• That's a nice way of saying..."I don't want to be around you."