Would you date someone without friends?

I'm extremely shy and therefore I don't have a lot of friends, just a few very close ones. I don't get to see them often due to the distance, but we talk everyday. I just started dating this very social guy. I mean, he has friends in every part of the world. We haven't talked about introducing each other to friends yet or anything, but I don't have any that I can introduce him to. I don't know how he's going to react to it. What would you think if the person you're dating told you this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your worrying too much. If you have very little to no friends, it won't be a problem. The only way it would, is if he's one of those rare guys who judges a girl by how many friends she's got.

• I guess you're right. I'm over thinking this situation

What Guys Said 7

• Personally it wouldn't bother me, I'm not with someone for their friends, I'm with them, for... well them. Anyway I don't have many close friends although I know a lot of people and a lot of people know me, but its not a so called 'friend' relationship.

• It shouldn't bother him, if you are worried about the outcome - don't mention anything. That way you aren't putting yourself in the spotlight like something is wrong - because literally, nothing is wrong here =)

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy

• Do you have to introduce him to your friends?

You don't need to copy what he does if it pushes you out of your comfort zone.

You could introduce him to your close friends and let that be it.

If he cares for you, he'll understand.

Ted

• Girl with no friends, meet boy with no friends: link .

Can I get a "happily ever after" ?

• I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. My personality type is INFP and I'd be willing to bet you fall into the same category. I have a few very close friends who scattered after college but I don't have the pack of casual friends and acquaintances that people like your extrovert boyfriend have. Other posters said if he knows you then he knows you're shy and its not going to be a surprise to him that your close friends are in other places. I'd second that. Sometimes my extrovert friends don't get my social choices, but the ones that have known me forever or make an effort to know me at least accept them. If he likes you he's not going to be bothered by your lack of local friends. I might recommend joining the group INFP's Unite on Facebook to learn a little more about how people like you fit in to social situations.

• he'd probably think it was surprising considering the fact that he's with you so you must be a pretty cool person. he's dating you because he likes *you* though and I'm sure he's realized you're shy. It would have no bearing on whether or not I would date a girl personally.

• I would feel lucky because that means she won't cheat on me.

What Girls Said 0