I keep checking my exs facebook?

And as much as it hurts, i still do it anyways. Wtf. When will i stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't beat yourself up over it. You're grieving and processing everything that's happened. You're right, breakups can be really hard, and letting go is even tougher.

Social media makes it very difficult to move on, as it's so easy to give into your obsessive thoughts with a simple click of the mouse button. Have you unfriended her? That doesn't mean you wish to make a statement you do not like her, but it could help you not have the quick access you may have by keeping her as a FB friend. If there is a way to make looking her up not as easy as it currently is, that could help curb your appetite to see what she's up to all the time.

Another idea you could consider is asking yourself what exactly you're wanting to see. My guess is you're checking to see if she's dating someone else, and/or does her life seem better without you in it, but it could be for a variety of other reasons; all of which are irrelevant, and only stand to sustain the pain you are feeling over your recent split.

Try occupying your desire to "check in" on her with another activity. Even keeping a journal and writing about how you feel is better than possibly exposing yourself to something that will only cause you more pain.

The good thing is, what you're doing isn't illegal, and it's pretty common. You're processing and slowly healing. There's no way to sugar coat the fact it's just going to take some time to not care as much as you do now. However, there will come a time you'll realize you haven't thought about your ex as much as you did and the desire to check in on her as often as you are now will become less and less.

So, just try and remind yourself that injecting yourself into her life without you really doesn't do anything but expose you to more pain, and won't change the outcome of what's already happened. You two may get back together... who knows, but for now, it's time to heal and move on.

You can think about her, reflect on what went right and what went wrong, and even consider characteristics you'd prefer in the next person you meet your ex didn't have. But the sooner you convince yourself it's best to stay out of her present life and see to your own well being, the quicker you'll stop wanting to check your ex's Facebook.

Good luck and feel better.

• Nah i dont check everyday. I can't. Thats too much pain. But i do check every now and then, even though i know it will kill me. And it has. she's still with the guy she cheated on me with, which makes it all the more harder for me to cope. Its like, she got what she wanted out of me, left me in the dust, and went on with her life happily.

• Thanks for your help man. She is a bitch, but i love this bitch. I dont have a choice. I got the worst of the worst the first time. But the problem is, believing that there is a decent woman out there that won't play around and just stay in the fucking house and be mine and only mine. I hope i'll love again, and im sure i will. But right now, it seems like all hope is lost.

• Give yourself time, and you'll realize how lucky you are not to be with her anymore. I know your emotions are heavily invested in her right now, but with her telling you to stay away, she's actually doing you a favor, because soon, you'll meet someone much more worthy of your time and attention.

Stay strong,

What Girls Said 3

• just make a goal to go a whole day without loooking at it. you can do it! one day at a time, my friend...

• I've gone weeks. and i just did..

• o...
      im sorry :(
      thats kinda hard... I don't know how to get yourself to stop. find someone else you can worry about and maybe youwont be interested in her so much.

• unfriend her
    stay a way from facebook
    deactivate facebook

it will stop when memories of her become less fresh

• you will stop eventually.

What Guys Said 0