Guys, do you think it's better when a girl texts first? Or do you start to think she's needy?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• This whole texting shananigans is complete bullshit. The way I see it, if you want to talk to someone, you text them. If they don't respond back then it's their problem, not yours. Whatever excuse someone gives for not texting back is merely an excuse. I personally always text back whenever I receive a text even I had received it 5 hours ago. This needy crap needs to die.

What Guys Said 19

• I wish anyone texted first. I can easily go a week without anyone texting me, besides maybe my mom.
    Although I kinda hate texting so that's the excuse tell myself.

• yeah... means she's confident :D

• It's 100% better. It seems like a) she is being nice or b) she is making the first move and guys really really really like that

• Yes please text first! You don't have to all the time but it helps us to know you want to have conversation

• I'd rather her be needy than distant.

• I like it myself personally, it shows interest and sometimes I tend to oversleep so the surprise good morning is sweet.

• I personally love it when a girl texts first as long as we're friends or I like her! It should be give and take though-- most of the time guys are expected to initiate the conversation

• Just text, no one likes those games

• I love it when girls text first. The only people who'd think it's "desperate" are the strictly traditional types, and you probably don't want to date those types anyway.

Girls really should take the initiative more.

• its fine no matter who text first

• It's whatever. So long as we are talking, I don't mind.

• forget about being perceived as needy, how about confident and knowing what you want. Text him if u like him, if u dont then dont, no mind games!!

• I think it's very nice. Almost never happened to me.

• I wish girls would text first sometimes, that's just about the only way we'll talk.

• Chase or be chased. Choose 1

• No it's better if a girl texts first

• I like it when a girl texts first every now an then because it shows that she really likes me

• Personally, it's great. I suppose it depends on the guy, but for me it shows that she is interested and also that she is confident.

• If he is somewhat shy around you or in general, then you should text him or he won't have the guts, believe me, i'm that type of guy so I know what i'm talking about