Do you prefer to text message or talk on the phone?

Girls do you respond better to Text messages as opposed to Phone Calls? Seems like this girl I'm newly dating only responds to text messages but when I call her she doesn't call back or anything. Our text messages have been very good and sometimes we text for hours but never talk on the phone. Why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with meplusabeemer. Texting is impersonal. Plus, phone calls make me giddy and happy! However, if I'm really into a new guy and I'm nervous I'd rather text because it doesn't make me feel so anxious about what I'm going to say. Texting I can think about what I'm going to say and not make a fool out of myself. After a while though texting would get a little boring and I'd like to talk on the phone regardless of how nervous it makes me.

• Well this helps a lot, I didn't know woman prefer texting rather than talking on the phone when there's a new interest involved. Makes sense now thank you for the comment.

What Girls Said 3

• Texting is convenient and impersonal. I use it as a means of quick communication. If I am really trying to get to know someone, I want to speak to him on the phone.

• I would prefer to text. There's no awkward silences, and it gives you time to think before you speak (: Not only that but it seems like you have to set aside time to talk on the phone, where as texting, well, it could go on for hours and you can still continue with your day to day life.

• when you txt, you feel more free to say anything you want

• Hmm yea I can see that, she's mentioned that she's shy. So it does make sense. Guess I just need to ease her to be more comfortable with me huh?

What Guys Said 2

• Strongly prefer phone calls, but I don't mind texting.

• bro use the phone, cause if you find a girl who can't truly say what is on her mind without typing it, then when in person you will be confused because she won't tell you what's really on her mind. So yea stick with the phone, and if you find that she rather type it, then you probably are in for a confusing relationship.