What does a HUG mean at the end of the date?

I met this guy from online dating and I was nervous about meeting him due to the fact that I photo shop my photos. He had told me heaps of horror stories from online dating that women resembled nothing like their profile photos.
However, he recognized me immediately, smiled before asking for a hug. He was doing most of the talking and questions during the date. He meets my pace, kept leaning towards me when we were talking and he did flirt subtly with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably hugged you because he wasn't sure if you'd be receptive to a kiss yet

'The next day, he texted me saying he had a great time and he wants to introduce me to his friends. Is this a good sign?''

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response

• Thanks for the heads up. He proceeded to also add me on Facebook. But when I checked the dating site today, I found out he deleted his profile. Why? Why did he delete his profile after we went out for the first time?

• Probably the same reason he asked if he could hug you after you already let him hug you, or the same reason he wants you to meet his friends after one date.

What Guys Said 8

• For me, it means I am too chicken to give her a kiss lol... nah it means the person was respecting you and will try to kiss you on future dates.

• I wonder what a guy has to do so that you wouldn't need to check with gag for any ulterior motives. There are none here, he is sincere.

• A Hug at the end of the date means a big thank you for all of your time spent with him. Everyone does it here and there.

• He seems to like you.

• But still WOW! I can't believe anyone has actually met anyone in person through a dating site. Most seem so extremely fraudulent.

• Do you think he might be a player? Or looking for something casual? Is he looking only for a friendship by the looks of it?

• If he's old fashioned, then he's ok, if he wants sex, then he's a player just like all other guys who sleep around. That's my opinion anyways. As for "friendship", doesn't that start first? I don't know about you, but I would want to be friends with the person first that I met on the internet before I got into any kind of relationship.

• A good sign. He probably wouldn't want to risk a kiss and screw it up

• Yeah... he is totally in to you... congratulations ☺😊

• 65% no, he cannot be a player because he said that he will introduce you to his friends...
      Its good for you to always keep your eyes open.. look for hints and other things..
      Even going to meet his friends look how they will treat you... etc etc.. Through observation only you can identify if he is a player or casual...

• he also recognized you right? So yeah..
      Anyway no one can tell you if he is a player or not... only you can find it out.. All the guys are not the same..
      Good luck :)
      Cheers ^^

• A hug mean nothing but if you feel his love in it then you can feel secure and can gohead in future with him😊

• Warm Goodbyes. :)

What Girls Said 3

• He gave you all the clues that he really like you and plans on seeing you again.

• He liked you! Go for it!

• He was smiling
    He initiated physical contact
    *HE* did lots of talking
    He texted you THE NEXT DAY
    He wants to continue things AND introduce you to his friends
    "Is this a good sign?"
    Come on now...

• He also deleted his dating profile after we met up for the first time. Why is this?

• Heck if I know. Just ask him. Good communication is important in making a relationship work! Let's think positively, and assume it's because he was satisfied with the results.