Girls, Would you date a guy if he had anger issues?

Anger issues or some mental illness/disease?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I am dating a guy with anger issues. Is he the nicest person all the time? No.

Does he physically put his hands on me? No. He just gets angry and occasionally he'll punch the wall. He sees a therapist, he also uses a variety of sports as his outlet.

Sure he's tough to deal with at times but it's not ever that bad. Sometimes he makes me cry but he's super quick to apologize.

I think the best thing you can do if you're dating someone with anger issues is to just let them know, "I can't fix you but I'll be here if you need me."

If you are the person with anger issues or whatever you definitely need to find a way to release all of that whether it be art, music, dance or some kind of physical activity and if you're dating someone with mental issues/anger, give them some space when they ask for it, not too much and just be patient

What Girls Said 21

• Anger issues yes. Bc if he's willing to settle down and cares for me, why not? I'm with someone now and he's rather blunt, so ofc his words do hurt. But well, it takes time to manage it and understand him. Compromise, I would say. Mental illness tho, depends on what kind it is. If he resorts to physical violence then obviously nah.

• probably not. a temper is a turn off if it's not a mental illness or disease. of course if it is, then i will understand, I'm not heartless lol.

it would just be difficult for me.

• Guy I'm dating is like that and it makes me uncomfortable.
    I wish I could let go.
    So no, if it were a new guy I'd say peace because I've learned that guys with anger issues make up crazy inaccurate stories in their head which fuels their rage then they end up cheating on me or going on dates with other girls or something.

• People are people I don't believe anybody's fully "wired properly"

• No. I have my own mental illness to worry about. I do not have the time or energy to worry about yours too.

• Probably. But if he was constantly like verbally abusive i probably wouldn't be around for long. I think it depends on whether he expresses his anger at me or other people/things.

• Like... what kind? Someone who attacks people -verbally or physically isn't someone I want to be with...

• anger issues? no i won't i don't wanna be beaten or insulted for any reason

• Yes, I would. Wouldn't you want to know that you can change somebodies life that has a mental illness/disease just by being with them and making the and yourself a better individual?

• No I've already dealt with a guy like that before and I get frustrated. I have patience but I also have a limit.

• Yes I would date someone with an anger issue... Cuz I get angry sometimes... When He'd be angry I would calm him down.. And when Im angry he would calm me down.. "Perf Relationship" :)

• I get really scared when people yell, because of something that happened when I was a child. So I don't think i could handle it.

• Nope because I have anger problems and we would just go crazy & yes!; GREAT SEX😍

• Not in a million years

• No cause i would ne scared to get punch in the face from bobby brown...

• Had that kind of ex before.. not sure if I would do it again

• Been there done that. If he was up front about it maybe

• I have before the key totaling a relationship like that work is to be very informed and patient try to understand that it's not something they can control and help them the best you can

• Not a chance.

• I dated someone bipolar once not fun. If he has an issue as long as he is working on it it would be fine I would date him

• My boyfriend has anger issues
    However when he is with me they seem to disappear, being happy is great for your anger