What does it mean when a guy says date other guys but don't push him away?

There is this guy that really don't want to lose me. He says I have had a great impact on his life. He has always cared about my feelings. We walked around like we are in a relationship but we never made it official. People including his Fam and mine can see that we like each other. He told me that there is this one thing that he is working on that is holding him back a little. He got so frustrated that he suggested that I date other guys bc he don't want to lead me on when he is not trying too. I stopped contacting him to do what he says even if I don't like it for two days and he started to contact me. I just sent him a message to let him know that I want to be there for him more than a friend. What should I do bc I really like him? Yes I tried to let it be but clearly he doesn't want it even though it appears that he is pushing me away but trying to keep me close. It's so confusing but I basically told him i want to be committed and now the ball is in his court. Now I'm waiting for an answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• He wants you guys to be close but not in a relationship. I kind of understand. It could be a issue about himself he's working on or feels he's not good for you. He want you to be in his life but doesn't want to hold you back from dating. This can be for numerous reasons some legitimate ans some that shouldn't be an issue. Ask him why. Let him no he can be open and honest. If you can handle hearing that he's not romantically attracted ask him of he is. I feel it's better to know the reason then decide whether or not to continue seeing him.

What Guys Said 3

• maybe he wants 2 avoid u?

• Well he could be letting you down nicely but if whatever is keeping him from committing to you isn't as big of a deal as he thinks it is then just let him know that it doesn't bother you in the slightest and you want to be his girlfriend.

• Basically he saying talk to other niggas but keep fucking me

What Girls Said 0