Do you have a male member of your family such as your father or brother or a good male friend of yours who is of shorter than average stature?

I ask this as I want to sheer away all the negative traits that we constantly hear towards men that are shorter than average height. Deemed a negative view from society with myths towards them like being insecure, short man syndrome and the issues they face particularly with employment and lack of success in the dating life as the shorter guy/taller woman stigma is still viewed as a negative 'weird' 'awkward' stigma in our society. I want this stigma to change, yes I agree some short guys can take things too far and can be idiots but its their characters, not the fact they're short/er. It's all about personality regardless of height difference and surely anyone wise enough would agree with me on this. Same with couples, if they love each other and treat them right why on earth should it matter one bit about height, which gender is taller or how much height difference there is even if the woman's significantly taller than the man. Same with jobs, no we don't have anger issues, we just want to stand for our rights, equal rights like everyone else. Is it really a lot to ask? We never chose to be short, good things come in all shapes and sizes, so why should we all have to be 'normal' to fit into our society? Why? Love for all x Thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• In my immediate family? No, my brothers and I are all 6 feet and over, and my dad is 6'7". My mom is the only short person. I don't know many short guys personally except the ones I used to have crushes on, but I was rejected by all of the for being too tall.

What Girls Said 4

• I personally wouldn't date a man under 6' who doesn't meet my criteria, I have no desire to settle for anything less than what I specifically want in life and that include romantic prospects. I'm sorry, but that's life, I and pretty much all of my friends would rather be boiled alive than have to share oxygen and personal space with a male under said height, fat and bald... never gonna happen, and such men are of bad genetic stock anyways so it's better for the gene pool, their loss and not ours.

• Nope...
    Every male member of my family is above 180cm.

• Yea my big brother is only about 5' 5".

• My dad is shorter than my mom. But they hate each other so perhaps not the best comparison.

What Guys Said 4

• I know a guy who wouldn't be much taller than 5'0
    He definitely doesn't have small man syndrome because he's really quiet and non aggressive. He does have a pretty evil sense of humour though.

I notice, he does have trouble in society though. He's usually unemployed and you'd have to put it down to some kind of discrimination.

• does my grandpa count? he's 5'3" now although he used 2 be taller in his youth

• I have both friends and family that are quite short for me. Like 5'9" and under

• Myself. I'm the shortest member of my family, and I'm still trying to discover why.