How to accept this fact?

There was a time in my life when the thought of having a girlfriend never occurred in my mind, I just wanted to have an awesome time with all my pals and meet all kinds of people. These were the best times of my life. I seriously doubt that there'll be better times than these. I think I even developed as a person because of those times.

They say love comes when you're not looking, they say love happens out of the blue, when you never expect it. Yet, it has been 20 years and it never happened. Every girl I ever talked to never had any interest in me. My life is and has always been full of one sided crushes. They say that "she is out there for me", but I've been waiting my entire life to no avail. People say that "I'm still young", but fact is, this is the best time to find someone. After college (I'm in my sophomore year), you'll find a job (probably) and you'll have almost no time to find someone. No girl ever felt attracted to me, no girl ever showed interest, even though I made my moves. They say that I have to love myself before others, but I've been loving myself for 20 years, and in order to have a relationship you have to be loved by other people, not only yourself. This has nothing to do with seeking validation, it's just fact.

Every other aspect of my life is slowly turning uninteresting, nothing seems good anymore, I no longer find joy in anything in my current life, expect those years in high school when my life was joyful. They say that "accepting the situation is the path to happiness". How do I accept that I'm going to die alone? How do I accept the fact that, despite the fact that I am one of the most interesting, caring, loving people out there, no one will care enough to look through my introverted exterior? And no, don't tell me that it will all be alright and that someone will love me. It's pretty clear that this is not the case...

What Girls Said 1

• someone will love you!

• I don't believe that, I don't believe that someone can look through me and see the beauty of my personality. I just need to accept the soul-crushing truth: I'm going to die alone...

What Guys Said 0