Should I just drop him?

Me and guy began hanging out and at first he lead me on thinking that we were slowly transitioning into being in a relationship but as it turns out he says he isn't trying to be in one right now. I set him straight and said if were gonna be friends with benefits than there will be no more "lovey dovey" shit between us. After that, our relationship has definitley changed. We used to talk every single day, call eachother babe and make plans to hangout. Now we barely even talk! He replies to me like 7 hours later and talks at a minimum. I just texted him and said "You barely even respond to me anymore," and he hasn't replied back (2 hours ago) . I would like to keep having him as a friend because he is a really fun person to be around but I feel like our relationship is always gonna be weird and not the same without all of the lovey dovey stuff we used to do, and I refuse to do it again because I feel like if a guy doesn't belong to me why should I give him my love?

Most Helpful Guy

• Trying to get commitment from a guy is like trying to get sex from a girl. It takes some skill.

You have failed with this one. Don't worry about it. Just move on. Reflect on what you might do better. There's plenty more fish in the sea.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you shou;dnt have said what you said. sometimes he mightve said that he didn't want to be with you but if the lovey dovey stuff continued you mightve gotten him things change with time and now he probably felt awkward. all you cna do now is talk to him, tell him what you told us here

• sounds like he really wasn't that into you. drop him and find somebody new

What Girls Said 2

• Get rid of him.

• If a guy is being chased he will run. STOP CHASING HIM! PLEASE! Your actions are telling him that you're needy and desprate for his attention. Trust me im learning more and more about these things myself. You should really read the book "Ignore the guy, get the guy". Ignore him and he will come searching for you. TRUST ME

• Yeah that's very true. I think for now though I'm just gonna stop replying to his texts and cut him off completely, and if he tries contacting me again I'll just act like he's nonexistent. I can do better.