You have been dating this person for 6 months and are very happy together, then an accident occurs?

You have been dating this person for 6 months and are very happy together, you have even been thinking of marrying this person. But then some sort of accident occurs and their face gets badly disfigured and they lose a limb. Would you still want to be with that person even though they do not look physically attractive anymore and they still wanted to be with you because they would never find someone else that would accept them?

• Yes, its the personality that matters
    55% (12)
  • No, I can not handle it
    18% (4)
  • Would break up but be friends
    27% (6)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Some very frank points:
    - 6 months is just a way too short time to say everything is gonna be alright and both are a true match for life, independently of the accident mentioned by OP.
    - Getting married to someone cannot be done for pity or circumstances.
    - Even though many want to be the white knights of dreams, the real deal of living and supporting a beloved disabled person can be a very heavy burden, yes, so a LOT of REAL LOVE is needed to make it work.

My sincere opinion: it depends upon both involved. Considering a 6 months only relationship, probably be only friends in the end.

What Guys Said 10

• i would for sure be a friend but it would just depend on what her personality was like.
    If she is everything you want in your significant other than stay with her.
    I would most likely stay with her though at first, but only if we were dating longer. 6 months kind of short.

• I could pay for surgery to repair her face as much as possible, and get her a prosthetic limb.

It'd be expensive, but worth it. And yes, I'd stay with her.

• How would losing a limb make someone unattractive?

Anyways, no I would not leave them because of that.

• Loss of limb and looks would not deter me if I'm in love with the person.

• I leave her. Not right away but its only six months. If it was like twe ty years id stay.

• You can always get surgery for your face and robotic limbs are just around the corner. I would work through it with them. Be there for them, give them hope.

• Sounds like my parent's marriage.

• what did you do to the poor girl? :p

• yeah ofc i would keep relationship

• for one i would never consider marrying a girl in the first 6 months

also i'm too logical and understand myself well enough to know that would only cause misery to myself for no reason for the rest of my life sure they will be miserable but life is hard and it's not up to you to be someones last hope of happiness when lady luck drops her pants and drops a deuce