You have been dating this person for 6 months and are very happy together, you have even been thinking of marrying this person. But then some sort of accident occurs and their face gets badly disfigured and they lose a limb. Would you still want to be with that person even though they do not look physically attractive anymore and they still wanted to be with you because they would never find someone else that would accept them?
- Yes, its the personality that matters55% (12)
- No, I can not handle it18% (4)
- Would break up but be friends27% (6)
Most Helpful Guy
Some very frank points:
- 6 months is just a way too short time to say everything is gonna be alright and both are a true match for life, independently of the accident mentioned by OP.
- Getting married to someone cannot be done for pity or circumstances.
- Even though many want to be the white knights of dreams, the real deal of living and supporting a beloved disabled person can be a very heavy burden, yes, so a LOT of REAL LOVE is needed to make it work.
My sincere opinion: it depends upon both involved. Considering a 6 months only relationship, probably be only friends in the end.1