Do all men like the chase?

I'm sure we've all heard this a time or two, "Men love the chase", "You have to make him work for it" "Play hard to get"..
I'm not much into game playing, If I'm interested, you'll know it.

So, my question is, Do men really like the chase? Do you think women should be the "chasers" more often?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do think women should approach men more because a lot of the time, men worry about upsetting a girl with his approach which can often make him talk himself out of expressing his desires for that girl, but as far as game playing, I agree, games have no place in establishing a connection with the opposite sex, x

What Guys Said 19

• The chase can be interesting and fun for a little (no more than a couple of weeks). I usually tell the girl that I am interested in her. Personally I hate playing games as well and so do most guys who are looking for something serious.

• I can't speak for everyone, Giving how im not into chicks,

But i think most guys don't like it, To them, I would imagine it would just be like a feeling she dosen't want you back, And she's acting hard because she dosen't want you.

• Not me... not me...

• I take that as immaturity and a complete waste of time. I'll never stoop that low as to be a chasee or the chased. It's just not honest.

• I get what your saying. In an ideal world two people would be running towards each other.

• *chaser.
      You're right about running towards the other, if not, then interest should be expressed, whether favorable or unfavorable. It's the mature thing to do, get it over with

• they DO like it. some only when they feel like they aren't getting enough attention

• Playing "hard to get" is so immature. I get disinterested and move on. If girls were to chase me and if I was interested in one, I would let her know and not play mind games.

• No not really. Eventually too much playing hard to get just drives a person away and mind games are no way to spark a relationship. I think if there is mutual attraction just go with it and actually enjoy each other.

• Not all, but I enjoy the challenge and the chase

• women should be chasers, it is only a social construct that men should be the ones doing all the chasing

• No, I don't like it. Don't need those games

• No, I hate it if she likes she have to approach that is my type. Of curse if I like her I will and try to be the one who made the first move😊

• No, I fucking hate it, and if you show no signs I will stop chasing.

• Good to know some women are straight forward and admit if they like a guy.

I hate chasing women.

• Nope I am adult I don't like playing silly little games : )

• I don't like the chase at all, if I like a girl and she plays hard to get, I would of already moved on. If she thought I wasn't her type at first until she really got to know me, I would of moved on, cause by then I be thinking well she shouldn't of thought I was beneath her.

• Only men who play games

• i personally hate, despise, loathe it, but i know i gotta accept and deal with it

• I take that as immaturity and a complete waste of time

• It really depends. Mostly no. "Chasing" implies that the person being chased doesn't want to be caught. I don't like the language surrounding it. One of the main reasons I prefer older women is because "the chase" becomes more evolved. It is more a dance of wit, seduction, sexual prowess, and mystery. "Chasing" younger girls tends to be less exciting and more a silly game. That I do sometimes play. But that is just me.

• I like your wording "a dance of wit, seduction, sexual prowess, and mystery." Very insightful as well, if only more of us looked at it this way, a lot of time wouldn't have been wasted.

• Yes, the level to which our social norms are ingrained in us makes it difficult to not take them for granted. Questioning our belief systems could go far in finding happiness. The standard narrative can use a lot of improvement. "Chasing" is one. It is not fair that women are taught to be passive and non sexual.

Clearly something inside us feels that something is wrong. Yet, we try to find solutions that are restricted to the boundaries of social norms, when we should be looking at the norms themselves. They are actually fairly difficult to justify without resorting back to taking things for granted.

An interesting question I love to ask is "what is wrong with being promiscuous?" Answers almost inevitably fall back to unchallenged social norms. That question always evokes an emotional response, but no one can really argue against it in the end. That is the influence of unexamined beliefs.

Things seem to be changing slowly though.

What do you think?

• I do think things are slowly changing, however those that oppose to changing views on certain social and sexual behavior will always be around. This is a new day and age with more freedom to express oneself openly and plenty of "rebels" refusing to fit inside the mold society wants us to. It's been an extremely slow process, but things have changed greatly. As far as promiscuity goes, my only concern is taking into consideration not only your own sexual health but also that of your partners. There is no shame in being sexual active male or female, but being responsible when engaging in that kind of behavior is important to say the least. Although it may seem logical to you, to take certain precautions when having sexual relations with a new partner, others (young and old) however lack basic common sense to do so, which later becomes an issue in itself.

What Girls Said 2

• men do love the chase. but not something thats impossible

• I hate playing games too and I definitely let a guy know if I like him. Unfortunately that really hasn't gotten me far. Most of my relationships the guys said they liked me and then stopped treating me right. Said they wanted a relationship, then lead me on.

So I guess you just have to be careful?

• I'm sorry to hear that, but don't lose faith. There are plenty of good guys out there that are genuine and actually mean what they say, that will treat you the way you deserve. :)