Do women take online dating seriously?

I've seen many many account of women who just use them to pass the time or just made the account for the fck of it

Most Helpful Girl

• I do but it gets me now where. I either find guys who never ask me out or get lots of guys who 'will hang out but not looking for anything serious' an im like well why the fuck are you on an online dating site if you dont want something serious? lol like go2 a fucking hookup site.

• why dont you ask the ones that dont ask you out, out instead lol

• I never find girls who even respond lol. Except for the occasional one, and even then it often ends up with her stop replying. Its really weird and discouraging, so it's easy to have low expectations.

• aw thats no fun :( at least i get a good amount of guys who actually talk to me, i think its much harder on a guy who is using online dating cuz they are expected to initiate first and come up with something to talk to. what dating sites are you on?

What Girls Said 5

• few girls might take it seriously. but its better if you go dating someone in the real world. online people can be fake and you just might get hurt.

• Some women do take it seriously.

• Some do, some don't

I don't

• some older ones do

• When I tried it (moved to a new city where I didn't know anyone) I was "serious" about it. As in, I wanted to meet someone and hang out. I work from my home studio, so it's not like I can meet people from work or have work colleagues that can hook me up with their friend or something. I didn't even have friends there, so I knew no one.

But majority of the messages I received were for hook ups, which I stated wasn't my intent. So, I just deleted my account.

What Guys Said 4

• and some guys as well LOL

• Many just want to have fun bc everything has to be that way.

• For some people it work , i o now couples who started from dating site n now their marride, but for that to happen it takes time like maybe a 2years at least to get to truly know the person.

• We know several women who found their husbands online and have had long and happy marriages.